Forum:

Thread: Pain in left side, and left back :[

VIP Member Array

Exclamation Pain in left side, and left back :[

Ok for starters heres my past history: I have two kids, and after I had my second I had gallstones and had my gall bladder removed. Back in high school I messed up my liver a bit by taking too many tylenols. I dont take tylenol anymore in fear of screwing up my liver again. Few months ago I had constant chest pains that hydrocodone, muscle relaxers, and anti-inflammatory medicines didnt help it. That went on for over a month and the ER couldnt find anything wrong with me.

Whats happening now. Im getting this very very painful feeling in left side, Id say around my waist - right in the middle of my body. It starts on the left side of my back. It feels exactly like it did when I went into labor. You know how you have the back pain and contractions that you cant stop the pain? its like that. Although I dont feel the contraction feeling around my uterus, just my back. It honestly gets to where the pain gets so bad I feel like I'm going to throw up. My throat will start coating itself, acting like I'm going to throw up. I've only thrown up from pain once, and that was with my last gallstone 'attack'. So it starts at the middle of the left side of my back and then I feel it in the left side of my abdomen. I feel like I'm going to throw up from the pain, and then I feel like I have diarrhea, but I dont. Ive had the pain, and thought maybe it was diarrhea, so I sat on the toilet. I was unable to go.
    Its happened while I was sitting down on the couch. I stood up and starting to stretch, hoping it would go away, but it seemed like it only made it worse. I laid down and started massaging my side, but I started to tear up from the pain. I cant explain how much it hurts. And nothing I do makes the pain go away.

Does anybody know what this is? or has had it? Im not sure if its my kidney or what?
    So again... Left side on back, left side on abdomen. Pain hurts so bad I feel like Im going to throw up, or have diarrhea. Switching positions doesnt help pain go away. Feels like the 'back labor' but up higher. The pain also doesnt stop. Its constant when it happens. It doesnt pulse, or stab... just slowly gets worse.. then just stays that way till it decides to fade away.

Any help will be appreciated :] Thank you

VIP Member Array

After doing more research online about kidney pain, it sounded like I just described Kidney stones. Mostly from the statement "most often the pain is compared with the pangs of childbirth"... which is what I described it as. Has anyone has kidney stones and could possibly tell me if this sounds like it?

December 2008 "Poster of the Month" Array miffed23's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It certainly does sound like kidney stones, have you been drinking enough water lately? Is your urine dark? Do you experience any pain when urinating? It could be an infection. But, whatever it is, you shouldn't be living with this pain. Get to the doctors asap and take a urine sample with you.
    “As you regonise that you already own the wholeness you seek, and no one outside you can give you more than you already are, dysfunctional situations will evaporate like bad dreams exposed to the morning sun.”

VIP Member Array

I can say that no I havent been drinking enough water. If I were to drink more water, and stop cokes would the problem resolve or would I still have to go to the doctors? Well.. I know I SHOULD go to the doctors. I just dont like going because, my husband is deployed and we have two kids. We are new to this state and dont know anybody who can watch my kids. Ive had to take them with me to the ER before and it was a train wreck haha. But if you think it could be kidney stones then I dont want to wait until the pain gets worse o.o After witnessing the pains of gall stones, and how they just got worse and worse... I think I should go in before it gets really worse. Haha. Thanks for your input :]
    My pee is yellow to a dark yellow. It doesnt hurt when I pee.. and I'd like to keep it that way, lol.

Junior Member Array

I have a kidney stone right now and it is one of the worst pains I have experienced. The darkness of the urine is due to the blood which is related to the kidney. However, I have had no pain during urination. Today I have sharp pain in the left side and back that I did not have before. Drinking lots of water and proper dieting will help and prevent new stones from forming.