Forum:

Thread: pain under rib cage and nausea

Junior Member Array

Question pain under rib cage and nausea

I was wondering if someone had insight into this. It started about a year ago when I tried effexor for anxiety, I had a bad reaction to it (severe nausea) so I went off and it took few weeks for my body to go back to normal. Well after a while the nausea came back and I've been having these episodes maybe couple times a week from then on. I also have pain under my right ribcage, it feels like a small lump and it hurts when I lightly press on it.
    All of the symptoms were pointing to gallbladder issues, so I had an ultra sound and a HIDA scan to check for gallbladder function. Everything checked out ok and they did not see any gallstones on ultrasound.
    But my symptoms still persist, the nausea is particularly bad in the morning when I have an empty stomach, and it gets better as the day goes on. I also noticed that it gets bad when my anxiety gets bad and I feel like throwing up.

I also had a blood work done and all values come out in normal range, so I'm not really sure what else to check. I just hate feeling sick all the time.

Wow, I am sorry to hear of this condition. It sounds very terrifying. I usually feel nausea mostly when I consume dairy products for some reason. Not all dairy does it to me, but some of them do. I have no idea why this is happening, but if you are on medication, unfortunately they come with effects that cause some very strange happenings in the body.

You can try this out first thing in the morning to help curb your nausea: Cut off about 1 inch of raw ginger root and bite into it. Drink down the "juices" that form in your mouth of biting it with room temperature water. Not a lot, just a little at a time to get it down. In addition, you can make a tea out of some of the ginger root as well. Just cut off a "block" of it and put it into boiling water for about 5-10 minutes. Drink a glass of it. Wait at least 10 minutes after consuming this ginger root concoction to eat some fresh fruit. Any fresh fruit of your liking.

So to recap, chew on a small piece of raw ginger root and drink a glass of homemade ginger root tea first thing in the morning. Then wait 10 minutes or more to eat some form of fresh fruit.

This should help you out.