Forum:

Thread: Stilll Fighting Head Lice!

Question Stilll Fighting Head Lice!

My gosh, now i'm considering using dog shampoo with a higher concentration of coal tar than advanced nutregena t/gel. has anyone resorted to this before? And how did it go?
    Conscious Manifesting
    in rainy Oregon

Now are you saying you have Head Lice or someone you know? because Neutrogena T/Gel is a Dandruff Shampoo not for Head Lice so thats why you cant get rid of it, You have to go to the Drug store an buy special Head Lice Shampoo like Nix an do your hair an everyones hair thats been around you or whoever has it, Also you have to wash all bed clothes an any clothes thats been laying around in hot water, You have to spray the furniture an beds with special Head Lice spray to kill any Lice that may be on areas that you've layed or sat on, An if you have any stuffed animals or dolls with hair thats in your house you have to put them in a garbage bag an put it away for about 3 weeks, Sounds like a pain i know but if you dont do that you wont get rid of them because if you just do your hair an dont do all the other stuff, As soon as the stuff wears off in your hair you'll just get it again because they can live on furniture an beds an stuff for 3-4 days.

Junior Member Array rocknrollqueen:)'s Avatar

Lice has been going around at my school so a lot of my friends have it. From what I've heard it isn't hard to get rid of, it just takes a lot of work because you have to be really effiecient. Luckily I don't have it, but I convinced one of my teachers that I did and said that the nurse had to shoot my head with a laser gun. She believed me for a minute, haha.

my daughter used to be continuously infested for a many month (together with a sore throat and runny nose)around the age of 10, we got rid of them, next week they were back. strangely enough they would never leach onto me.
    i figured that it had to be something internal that made her so attractive to headlice, so i took her off all dairy products and presto.... all gone and never to be seen again.
    my guess is that the dairy altered the ph of the scalp and made it hospitable to the nasty little creatures.

just some food for thought
    Namaste
    Schnazzy

Junior Member Array

Default I Won The War On Lice!!!!

I am a single mother of four children. Needless to say lice has been a huge problem in our home for long time. It seemed like we would be lice free for a week or two and then guess what.....it's back! Well not this time!!!! It has been about 8 weeks since our last outbreak (I waited to make sure it worked) and we are all lice free! Want to know what I used????? It is the easiest treatment and IT WORKS!!! By the grace of GOD I found the amazing products at (edit outbound link). Lice Killer saved my life and my sanity!! They are all natural and safe for all ages, I even used them on my 7 month old daughter(after getting approval from the doctor of course). There is a simple treatment for the hair and awesome products for your home. Look don't take my word for it see for yourself!! The only thing you have to loose is LICE!!!
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 11-11-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Junior Member Array

You poor thing...hope you finally got rid of them...we just had them recently too. My daughter got it from her friend at school. She is ALWAYS using other kids hats for fun, they love to exchange dont they? I never heard of the coal tar, but I heard of "pine tar" soap, that is supposed to be good for bugs, and tea tree oil too...not sure though.(edit outbound link) and THANK YOU GOD, they are gone now.

But I tell you we were like THIS CLOSE to shaving off all her hair, she begged not to. Make sure the eggs are out or dead too, and we keep her hair in braids now that helps to keep it from flying around.

Sorry you are going through this, but just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! !ITS possible to get rid of them for sure!

Shelly
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 11-11-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    Do or do not, there is no try!

Junior Member Array

Between the ages of 7 and 12 I had the most horrible headlice. I could never get rid of them. My hair was so thick that it was near impossible to get all of it. We tried everything on the market to get rid of them. The chemicals, the oils, teatree oil, robicombs, combing it every night, none of it worked. In the end my mum and my uncle found some neem oil soap and I used that every couple of days for a month and they vanished. We kept combing my hair but only after the neem oil soap, and I would use a lot of conditioner on my hair and not quite rinse all of it out. Not leave in so much that my hair looked all greasy, but just enough that the hair would be a little slick. It worked a miricle for me. I have only had them 2 times in the 6 years since then and neither time have they stuck around more than a couple of days.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is kind of an oldie but another old and probably pretty effective treatment would be Diatomaceous earth. It is non toxic to humans and animals but acts like razor wire to crawlies. Applying to your scalp and to your sleeping area would probably take care of it in short order. You can get it from a feed store.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer