Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatigue and no energy... Help

Junior Member Array

Default Fatigue and no energy... Help

For a few years now I have been complaining about being fatigue and low energy. I have been tested for everything under the sun I do not have anemia, B12 def. thyroid. I have been sleeping a lot more. I could sleep for a whole day if I could. I have lack of interest in things I need to be doing. I try to exercise but my energy is so low that when I do it tires me out. I do eat good. I make myself go through a day. If I did not have a pup I would just lay down and sleep. I do take birth control, I do have mitral valve (but doc. said it wasn't the cause) I am tired of feeling this way. I also have night sweats. My age is 29 and this started when I was about 24 and have gotten worst. I have been from one extereme to the next. When this first start I could not sleep and now I s;eep to much. Again Doc have given me a clean bill of health but I think something is off I just don't know what. Any suggestion would be gladly accepted.. Thanks Fatigue and no energy.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by altenese2000 View Post
    For a few years now I have been complaining about being fatigue and low energy. I have been tested for everything under the sun I do not have anemia, B12 def. thyroid. I have been sleeping a lot more. I could sleep for a whole day if I could. I have lack of interest in things I need to be doing. I try to exercise but my energy is so low that when I do it tires me out. I do eat good. I make myself go through a day. If I did not have a pup I would just lay down and sleep. I do take birth control, I do have mitral valve (but doc. said it wasn't the cause) I am tired of feeling this way. I also have night sweats. My age is 29 and this started when I was about 24 and have gotten worst. I have been from one extereme to the next. When this first start I could not sleep and now I s;eep to much. Again Doc have given me a clean bill of health but I think something is off I just don't know what. Any suggestion would be gladly accepted.. Thanks Fatigue and no energy.
    Just a question or two.. Where were you at in your life at 24, work wise?

And, did you suffer from any injury, or huge stress related issues during that year.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

Work related I had a job I loved but a boss I did not. Stress has been a issue for me to control. I have had no injuries.

well just make sure your eating at least 3 meals a day. i know you said you eat good but to some people that can be one big meal a day. try sleeping less when i mean less i mean no more than 8 hours i find my self very tired after sleeping longer than 8 hours. give energy drinks a try all tho i don't really like the idea of them. as for your exercise make it something easy and short start out small. i hope this helps

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Phoebee's Avatar

One thing to consider is switching the type of birth control your using. If you having night sweats that sounds like your hormones are in a bunch. Maybe try a non hormonal form like an IUD or?
    "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Work related I had a job I loved but a boss I did not. Stress has been a issue for me to control. I have had no injuries.
    Chronic Fatigue can be caused by "STRESS" to the body, or overly stressed to the Mind, your body shuts down as it can't cope with the amount of stress it is trying to absorb.

If Stress is an issue for you to control, then that is your problem "In my Opinion"... Your body broke down from it, so Chronic Fatigue, it therefore can only cope with very mild stress but if you are "stressing" even about this issue then it can only make you feel more tired.

See someone about Chronic Fatigue and how to better manage that, it's not an easy one to over come to be honest and i asked about injury as this also leads to Fibromyalgia and Myofascial pain, which also brings on Fatigue, IBS, it's a vicious cycle i know...

Let me also ask you, can you drink milk, eat cheese, eggs, without "running to the loo" at the other end... Sorry, but IBS is also believed to be stress related and your body can no longer handle some dairy products, spices etc, and also makes you very lethargic.

Lastly, you loved your job, didn't like your boss and got very stressed at 24 have been fatigued ever since. If there were issues there that has stopped you moving on with another job, or trust of employers, then you also need to talk to someone about that as well to help lift the stress. No point holding on to something, it will make you sick.

Hope this helped...

Let us know.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

VIP Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebee View Post
    One thing to consider is switching the type of birth control your using. If you having night sweats that sounds like your hormones are in a bunch. Maybe try a non hormonal form like an IUD or?

I agree. Especially if this started happening after you started bcp. The artificial hormones can really mess your body up. Perhaps one hormone is too high/ too low. With all the other tests that your doc did, did he think to check your hormone levels?

You could just go off of them for 6 or so months and see how your body feels. Having your hormones out of whack can also make things seem more stressful.

Junior Member Array

Thanks everyone for suggestions. I have always thought that it has been my hormones being out of whack. My Doc has never tested my hormone levels. I will try the suggestions and sees what happens.

Junior Member Array

Question woa!

hey you had the other post about low sex drive and i said i felt the same and now i read this one and i feel the same too!

i could sleep right through days have no motivation to do anything that isn't required of me. i get overwhelmed feelings easily..... i am also on birth control. although throughout my life i have always been sleeping in a lot... but i'm used to having tons more energy in the day time...

think we are hormonally imbalanced>? depressed perhaps?

I had Chronic Fatigue for about 10 years. Now I don't. I used to jump from doctor to doctor each time getting a clean bill of health..it was a joke. Finally, they found the EBV virus in my blood, but it's hard if not impossible to kill a virus sooooo, that's where alternative medicine came in.
    Here's what I did.
    1- Kept a diet log and identified foods that I was reactive to. ( I did this with a naturopathic doctor and NAET/Bioset - you can google all this stuff).
    2-Detoxed my body - detox supplements and drainage products. Basically a tuneup for my body. See a natural doctor for proper instructions.
    3-Changed my diet to include more fruits/veges and grains.
    4-Get your mind in order- find a good therapist/support group. If your mind is not right, nothing else will be either.
    It has taken me a solid 4 years to get into great health, but I am 95% there now. I'm still working on getting my mind in order. :-)
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast