Forum:

Thread: Period for 2 weeks and more

Junior Member Array

Unhappy Period for 2 weeks and more

I've had my period now for 17 days now.

when it first started it was really dark and thick. i read online that it could be because my last period didn't get everything out and it was just what was left in there from last time. i thought it was normal because my last period was much lighter and shorted then my normal ones. the only problem that i have ever had with my periods is that i get lots of cramps that hurt like . my period started on the 24th of december. (what a day right? haha) and it stayed light, thick, and with a dark color for a few days, i'd say about 4 days, then i got my real period and i still have it. i've had almost no cramping at all. and just the other day it was dying down and i thought it would stop, but it started right back up again. so now not only have i had this for 2 weeks i also got it 2 times!

i'm going to call my doctor today, but i just wanted someone to tell me what they think. so i can clear my head a little bit. thanks for any help. it means a lot.

p.s. i'm only 19 and have had my period normal for years now. thanks again.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array delta's Avatar

It's good u r going to the doc. Keep us updated,k. Take care!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Junior Member Array

Yeah, I'm 21, this exact same thing is happening to me right now. What happened in the end? I'm starting to get worried now.

VIP Member Array

It can happen its usual due to a imbalance in hormones. They will prob put you on birth control to help your hormones. Best of Luck!

Junior Member Array

I'm already taking birth control (alesse)...

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

If you're already on birth control that's the likely reason. It doesn't matter if you've been taking the same one for years either it can still do this. I used to have this happen on every birth control pill I took, sometimes within a month or two and other times after several years and the doctors would then say it no longer suited me and switch to another until we found one I could take for a while before it happened again. I actually have no brands left now that I haven't already tried and ended up with constant bleeding but usually a brand change will sort the problem out.

VIP Member Array

It could be adenomyosis, endometriosis, fibroids, or cyst. You could get a pelvic exam, ultrasound, and laproscopy if you must. There are so many things it could be, if birth control is not the root reason its problem something more going on to be investigated. I would see a gyno for a pelvic exam- but also change BCP and give it another cycle or so and if nothing changes def get the ultrasound and possible laproscopy at that stage. It's probably just a really strange period this month and hormonal changes but you always never know and gotta be safe.