Forum:

Thread: Pain when inserting tampon, help?

Junior Member Array

Unhappy Pain when inserting tampon, help?

I've been using tampons for about 5 or 6 years now, and I don't usually sleep with them in, but this month and last month's visitors have caused me pain when I insert a tampon, or if i move around too much. It almost feels like there's something up there, but 1. I checked and 2. I think I'd notice (or be dead from TSS) if something had been stuck in my vagina for two months (eek!). Does anyone know why this could be? I've never had any pain from using tampons before, I use unscented and plastic applicators so it's not an allergy or too much friction. any ideas?

Junior Member Array

is my question too stupid?

Junior Member Array

no its not too stupid. I cant wear tampons because when i insert them they hurt me.

Junior Member Array

Have you recently changed brands of tampons. I've noticed that different brands fit differently, and there are some that I simply cannot wear.

Additionally, make certain that you are using tampons that are just heavy enough to meet your needs - using a more absorbant tampon than needed can also lead to pain.

VIP Member Array

Post Tampons

It took me a while to get used to tampons because they hurt me but i eventually got used to them.I have always like Tampax i could never use Lillets.Make sure that both parts of the applicator flushes away and use the right type to your flow.

yorkielass

Junior Member Array

tamponnsssss

Junior Member Array

This may not be your problem, but pain while using a tampon could be a symptom of vulvodynia which is a generla diagnosis refering to any kind of pain in the vulva. It can be caused by trauma and/or sexual abuse or even emotional sexual abuse that would make one feel dirty about having sex or it could just occur randomly as my gyno told me. You should WebMd the diagnosis if you think this may be you. Things like physical therapy (which is working for me), medication, and, as a last resort, surgery are ways to solve this issue. You should go to the gyno to figure out if this is what you have because it has the potential to affect your sex life, ability to use a tampon, your relationships, and emotional wellbeing. The sooner you know the sooner you can solve the issue.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Old thread.

Closed.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.