Forum:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VERY frequent UTI's

Junior Member Array

Unhappy VERY frequent UTI's

I don't know if any of you suffer from this too because I feel like the only one, but I get unusually common uti's (just had 3 in the past 3 months) and I'm not sure how to stop getting them! I do everything I'm suppose to do: go to the bathroom before and after sex, don't hold it in too long, wipe from front to back, etc. and I've even taken cranberry supplements and B-Mannose and I keep getting them. Of course the doctor doesn't really question anything even after I tell them how many I get, and just gives me antibiotics, but I'm getting worried that the antibiotics are gonna stop working soon because I've been getting prescribed to so many of them in such a short amount of time. Oh yeah... and then on top of them I get yeast infections cause the antibiotics kill all the natural in my vagina.

Do any of you know anything that I can do???? or do any of you know if a doctor can prescribe me something other than antibiotics for it? It's getting pretty ridiculous!!!! Thanks )

Junior Member Array

Unhappy im hearin ya!

well hello there!

i know exactly what your talking about - others say they get re-occurant uti's - how bout this...i get them basically EVERYTIME i have sex or even sometimes after masturbation i feel the familiar feelings of a uti settling in.

ive heard it all and follow the rules...peeing, wiping, pill popping, juice drinking, water guzzling, washing, clean undies, std checks....the works! i still get them

it has come to the point where the doc prescribed a drug specific for uti's and i have to pop one EVERYTIME i have sex. its so wrong!

who the wants to jump outta bed after some nookie and go to the toilet, try to pee or squeeze at least a few drops out everytime? what about having to have a shower to wash away the nasties when ur tired and its cold?

i know i dont - gone are the days of having sex then blissfully falling asleep in my partners arms.

ive had a scan that looked to see if i am expelling urine completely and i was all ok. doctors continue to tell me to take pills and repeat the same advice ive heard a million times.

i am currently single and dont have a regular partner but when i did...it created huge issues and as u can imagine, the devilish uti demon is always lurking around ready to pounce when i have sex - so much so its a constant concern and most men just dont get it! in fact, most male doctors dont either!

personally i dont think anyone can offer any more advice that i havent heard already but its good to vent and see if anyone else out there struggles with the same issues.

thanx

reggi

Junior Member Array

Hey,
    I get them all the time and it's so embarrassing having to get up in the middle of class, seminar, or church two or three times an hour because I have to pee. I feel so alone. Have you guys tried any herbal remedies yet?
    Last edited by Little; 08-19-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: outbound links

Junior Member Array

Default One solution

I also get frequent UTI's (once a month) and have also tried everything. Cranberry pills didn't work for me; neither did the horrid unsweetened cranberry juice. I also didn't want to continue taking the antibiotics (plus they gave me yeast infections).

I finally decided to see a Naturopath (holistic health doctor) and she found the cure!! She gave me a liver tincture (not sure what it contained). It also tastes horrible, but it did the trick

Good luck!

Junior Member Array

Three things I do that have really slowed the number of UTIs I get:
    1). Get rid of the perfumed soaps in the shower or bathtub. You don't need them to smell clean to your guy!
    2) Cotton panties during the day. No panties at all while sleeping. Make sure you have plenty of air circulation down there.
    3) When using the toilet, face backwards towards the wall. This was a new one to me but a college suitmate swore that it worked and in my experience, it does! Supposedly sitting like this creates a better position that makes it easier to drain all the urine when you use the toilet. I always feel silly doing it but as long as it works....

Junior Member Array *DeadAngel*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna McDonald View Post
    3) When using the toilet, face backwards towards the wall. This was a new one to me but a college suitmate swore that it worked and in my experience, it does! Supposedly sitting like this creates a better position that makes it easier to drain all the urine when you use the toilet. I always feel silly doing it but as long as it works....

Oh my god, hahah, I am so trying that!
    I get them a lot as well and they've spread to my kidneys before too which is painfull!! Some people are just so much more prone to them, I think. Another herbal tea I drink which is good is dandelion root tea. It takes a while to get used to the taste but once you do, you'll love it. Well, I do anyway.

Junior Member Array

Let me know if it works for you DeadAngel. I ALWAYS face backwards when I am at home or at work. Depending on what I am wearing and how clean the toilet appears to be, I am not quite as consistent when using public restrooms. But all I know is that ever since I started using the toilet like this, my number of UTIs has gone waaaaay down!

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array PJhavinfunagain's Avatar

I am soooo tired of this!!! I have been struggling for about 2 yeas with this off and on. Made me want se even less. Recently my se drive has returned (YAyyyyy) Been going at it hot and heave for almost 2 weeks. Was a bit worried about a UTI so I have been really cautious. Well guess what... yup, a UTI cam on yesterday! aaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

It is my own fault though. I was at a meeting yesterday Am no coffee but had a diet coke then held it way too long. Silly me.

I wish the doc could give me an antibiotic so I would have them when I felt one comming on to nip it. I did that last time. I had 1 pill leftover from a previous round. Took it right away and it never took root so to speak.

Glad to know I am not the only one!

Junior Member Array

Smile There's hope!!

Ladies, there's hope for frequent UTIs. I understand EXACTLY where you're coming from. It made it so that I didn't even want to have sex because I knew exactly what would happen the next morning.

If you've tried it all: gallons of water, hundreds of cranberry pills, standing up while peeing, there's more than can be done. I know that going to see your doctor over and over gets frustrating and expensive, so talk to her about the different pills you can get for this. Don't just get medication after you get a UTI, take medication before it happens. They can give you a 6 month course of the same medication that you would normally take after each episode. Also, they have one pill medications that can be taken after intercourse. If that doesn't work, a urologist can do a scan and see if your urethra opening is smaller which traps the bacteria. The test is very minimally invasive and will save you from a life of misery.

You can't say you have tried it all if you haven't approached your doctor about these things. The information can be found at the national Kidney site or you can google "frequent utis" and go to the site there.

Good luck ladies!! I feel your pain (unfortunately). I hope this information changes your life like it has mine!
    Last edited by Little; 09-29-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: links

Junior Member Array

Is standing up while peeing really supposed to help? I hadn't heard that before but I guess it makes sense for the same reason that facing on the toilet backwards works, it changes the flow path and I assume makes it easier to empty everything from the bladder and urethra.

Other than the shower, I have never tried to pee while standing up. Squatting and/or hovering sure. But not standing. The ability to do that is one of the very few things that I really envy guys about. I've always thought it would be so cool to be able to aim and urinate as easily as they do. No worries about the cleanliness of toilet seats, no need for toilet paper, no need to get half undressed, and with that long uretha of theirs.....No UTIs!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast