Forum:

Thread: Sharp stabbing senation/ Constant aching nere right ovary.

Junior Member Array

Default Sharp stabbing senation/ Constant aching nere right ovary.

Heya,

Over the past month I've been having a aching pain in my right side (down near my ovary) and its ALWAYS my right side, never anywhere else. And sometimes I get a really really sharp stabbing sensation, which stops me from moving. The pain goes after a while, but I still get the aching sensation.
    During intercourse it REALLY hurts, still always on my right side. so we have to stop. which is REALLY frustrating lol.

I'm worried it may be a ovary cyst. could it be bursting or twisting the ovary? whats causing the sharp stabbing pain?

Always I've been using the pill. cylist (i think its called, in the yellow packet, the one they use to put you on before you have the injection to see if you get along with it) and i NEVER bleed/spot while I'm on it. recently I've been spotting, i stopped taking it because of the spotting and to see if will clear up the pains or be cause of the pains?

I went down my local hosp and they said they couldn't help me because they don't have the right people to talk to .. apparently, and asked me to see if i could go to the next town to the main hosp (which i cant) so they made a emergency appointment for me at my local doctors surgery for today at 5. The nurses at the hospital said if the pain gets worse to go to the next town .. but I have no way possible getting there

The reason I'm trying to get advice on here because i know my local doctors arnt that good! personal/family expierences. So im trying to get some advice before I go.

Thanks in advance

This sounds exactly like what happened to me when I had swollen ovaries. I'm not saying for sure that's what's wrong, but it's way more likely than cysts. You don't tend to feel sharp pains when you have cysts. But a swollen ovary will cause sharp constant pains sometimes enough to make you double over.

So just go to a gyno and tell them you think that's what's up; have them do an ultra-sound. Which, by the way, a local hospital should be able to do. They are ting you.

Junior Member Array

It also sounds like it might be a kidney stone.

I doubt it. If it was a kidney stone, the pain would be in her back. Gallstones, maybe, but very unlikely.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bottom line only a doc can tell for sure after they take a look.

Junior Member Array

I have the same problem. I went to a GYN and was told that I more than likely have return endometriosis. Everyone is different, and only a doctor can tell you for sure. I am actually getting ready to schedule surgery to have a hysterectomy and one ovary removed.

I totally understand your situation with intercourse and the pain. My pain is also on the right side, and it husrt sometimes to the point that I can't move. I am on BC pills also, but not much relief. I first had endo when my daughter was 6 months old (which was 8 years ago). I had a D&C done which helped until this year. I have not ever had pain this bad and I am way to active to deal with it. So, I have been doing my research and found that this is my option.

Again, only a doctor can tell you what is wrong. Don't wait though. I was taking nursing in college and the main thing was not to wait to be checked out. It could get much worse. I know that you are looking for advice, so that is what I can give you. Good luck!