Forum:

Thread: Very thick, fleshy discharge (graphic gross.)

Question Very thick, fleshy discharge (graphic gross.)

I'm on my period, so my first thought was maybe this was my uterine lining, but then I wasn't so sure.

I had a tampon in, but discovered something was falling out of my vagina anyway. I caught hold of it with some toilet paper and was horrified to find that it was pink and red, thick, and fleshy, not just regular old menstrual fluid.

There were two, both wet but thick and fleshy. I have seen this a time or two before and I am always shocked to see it. Is it the lining of my uterus?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array lafemelle's Avatar

You're sure it's not just clumped up menstrual fluid?

During my period I usually get little...well, I guess you could call them clumps...of blood that appear to be "fleshy."

Are you experiencing anything else besides this? Discomfort, anything like that? If not, I can't imagine it's anything to worry about...

VIP Member Array

can i ask a question?.
    did you recently have a baby? miscarriage? abortion?

the reason I ask is because i had an issue about a year ago where i actually had a miscarriage and didnt know about it till the following month. i was on my period and what looked like thick pink skin type stuff was on my tampon. i got scared to death and went to my gyn who did a checkup and figured out i had miscarried and needed to be scraped cause i still had some stuff up there.

keep an eye out...if it doesnt look right to you call your gyn doctor. so many women feel embarassed to ask weird questions but that is what your doctor is trained to know.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by simplynikki View Post
    can i ask a question?.
    did you recently have a baby? miscarriage? abortion?

the reason I ask is because i had an issue about a year ago where i actually had a miscarriage and didnt know about it till the following month. i was on my period and what looked like thick pink skin type stuff was on my tampon. i got scared to death and went to my gyn who did a checkup and figured out i had miscarried and needed to be scraped cause i still had some stuff up there.

That sounds just like what I had. Wow...thank you for sharing and helping me feel less alone in my situation.

Junior Member Array

I hate to say but be a little more descriptive. Is it mostly red or pink? If it's mostly red it's definitely a blood clot. If it mostly pink... I'm still trying to figure that one out for myself. Good luck! I'm sure there isn't much to worry about! If it was something serious I'm sure it would be more heard of. On the other hand I'm still curious so if I find anything I'll let you know.