Forum:

Thread: what kind of soap to use down there?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array lafemelle's Avatar

Default what kind of soap to use down there?

Especially for women who are prone to yeast infections...I've been washing with just soap and hot water, but I want something to make me feel a bit fresher. I know I'm supposed to use unscented soap with no dyes, but when I go into the soap aisle at the store I'm overwhelmed and I never know what actually fits into that category.

Can anyone recommend a certain brand/type of soap I should be looking for?

Banned from WH Array

Quote Originally Posted by lafemelle View Post
    Especially for women who are prone to yeast infections...I've been washing with just soap and hot water, but I want something to make me feel a bit fresher. I know I'm supposed to use unscented soap with no dyes, but when I go into the soap aisle at the store I'm overwhelmed and I never know what actually fits into that category.

i use summers eve wash for sensitive skin.it doesnt irritate like most soaps can,and is easier on that area.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by lafemelle View Post

I use Dove Sensitive..its a mild soap
    Olay also makes a good soap for sensitive skin thats perfume,dye and scent free.

do not get unscented soap,its not the same.
    Also use free and clear laundry soap to wash your clothes

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Avoid douches and so called femine hygiene products, they aren't needed and can make things worse.
    What kind of underwear do you wear? Thongs are an insane invention by the fashion industry and no woman who cares about her health should wear them. They act as a wick and move fecal bacteria from the anal area to the vaginal area. If you wear them - Stop.
    Nylon or any unbreathable fabrics should be avoided too. Pants with tight crotches can contribute problems as well. Your vaginal/labial area is self cleaning if you let it do what it was designed to. It needs air. Sleep without undies, when you can, like lounging around home wear something that is loose in the crotch and no undies.

If you are still concerned about cleanliness, get a medium sized plastic watering can, cut the spout to about 5 or 6 inches and keep it in your bathroom. When you use the toilet, fill it with warm water and rinse your labia and anal area, then pat dry with TP.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer