Forum:

Thread: UTI that doesn't go away..

Default UTI that doesn't go away..

About a month ago I suffered from a pretty horrible yeast infection while on strong antibiotics for a sinus infection. After the yeast infection was treated, I noticed the almost constant need to urinate - but of course, I didn't actually have to go 90% of the time...

I'm quite positive that it's a UTI, but it's been almost 3 weeks now, and there's no sign of it going away. I've never had to have antibiotic treatment (and frankly, I'd like to stay away from antibiotics for a while after this last experience) for a UTI before, but should I see the doctor? I'm a little frightened of the possibility of kidney infection at this point, but I also don't have health insurance and don't know if I could even afford the lab costs of a urine analysis.

Anyone else have success getting rid of UTI after several weeks with home remedies? I've been drinking cranberry juice and using cranberry extracts with vitamin C and calcium already.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself... where the heck is the ceiling?!

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array PJhavinfunagain's Avatar

You need to go in... it is probably bacterial. It can get into your kidneys and really cause troubble. Cran juice and supliments can help maintain good tract health but I have never gotten rid of one. Tell your doc how nervous you are about a yease infection. There are different antibiotice for things and some are more likely to cause troubble.

So sorry! I have been struggling with multi Uti's for a while too. Such a pain!
    "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
    Helen Keller

Thanks PJ!

Yeah, I have been on many antibiotics over the past few years and this is the first time one has given me a yeast infection.. just makes me weary for a while.

Sorry to hear you've been suffering UTI's.. I really do despise them! After this long I almost wish I had pain instead of a non-stop pressure. D:
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself... where the heck is the ceiling?!

Junior Member Array

You need to go in NOW. I have had chronic UTI's since I was little and I waited so long in between to go to the doctor that now I have interstitial systitis which is basically a permanant UTI. I have to be on pills the rest of my life. When you have a UTI your bladder is inflammed and swollen with blisters, the longer you wait the worse it will get, trust me. It's better to pay for the meds now instead of having to pay for something even more later.

I'm so sorry to hear that blackroses. =( I did take both of your advice and see a doctor. She put me on antibiotics and my infection has cleared up completely. Thank you again to you both for the advice.