Forum:

Thread: cervicitis and Bacterial Vaginosis

VIP Member Array

Default cervicitis and Bacterial Vaginosis

I have had bacterial vaginosis for one year now. I have taken metronidazole (three times) which didn't do much and now I have clindamycin. Has anyone that suffers from chronic bv had cervicitis along with it. I have read that if both is not treated (different medication required for the two) that the normal vaginal flora will not return until they are both effectively treated.

Junior Member Array

did you get the clindimacyn for bv or cervicitis or does that treat both? My culture came back last week positive for gardenella (as usual) Do you know if that can cause cervicitis?

VIP Member Array

BV can cause cervicitis. I have read many studies that says bv and cervictis usually occur together. clindamycin treats BV, but I have been afraid to take it because of the side effects. But, I am sure I will end up taking it, becuase I don't want to continue suffereing with these symptoms.

Junior Member Array

Is that the one day cream? do you have any probiotics to take with it? Ive heard from a lot of people that it is not much better than metrogel and bv came right back, Tindamax has worked for me for about 10 days now but I should have my period soon and that will be the real test. Im using oral and vaginal probiotics I started them with the antibiotics so I think that has helped

VIP Member Array

Clindamycin is a oral antibiotic. I am taking the Fem-Dophilus probiotic though and I have to say it has lessen the symptoms.