Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning senation after i pee

Junior Member Array

Default Burning senation after i pee

hey im 17 and have been sexually active for the last 4 or so months. Ever since last thursday probably i've been getting a burning feeling after i pee..sometimes very strong, almost like the feeling where you REALLY need to pee...feels like that but hurts. I've been getting that on and off since then. it was constant for a few days then died off and is not back again and i feel a mild burning sensation just in general now not just when peeing. I started trying tampons which i haven't really used before this last period and i also had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the monday and wednesday. We were both virgins before we had sex so i see no chance of STD's but still. Any suggestions? greatly appreciated

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array Goodgirl93's Avatar

Nah that doesn't sound like and STI or and STD. It sounds like a UTI(Urinary Tract Infection). The only thing that usually can cure those are Solfa Antibiotics.But if you can't see a doctor,drink lots of cranberry juice and water.But if that doesn't help within a few days,you need to see a doctor. Good luck!

Junior Member Array

ok thanks ill try that. i can see a doctor but dont want to unless i really need to. My period finished yesterday but im getting a bit of blood again today..do you think it's related or just my period playing up?

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array Goodgirl93's Avatar

Umm it depends. Are you experiencing Horrifying pain? Like to the point of crying? If its that bad then it might be,but other than that I wouldn't worry to much about that cause its most likely extra blood from your period.

VIP Member Array

From my own experience, I'd advise that you drink lots of water throughout the day and if you can rinse while you're peeing it'll help the burning. I've never taken antibiotics for a UTI. Also, I read that UTIs can actually occur during sexual contact, so you should always pee after sex to flush out your urethra. Try it, if you can, but at the first sign of burning drink lots of water to flush the urethra out in any event.

If it becomes a serious issue then you should definitely see your doctor.

Junior Member Array

ok thanks ill try that. um just water or can i drink say cordial as well? im not good at drinking lots of water but i drink cordial..flavoured water? australian thing..i guess you know what it is lol. thanks heaps

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

I think that's fine, trick is to get you to pee! A lot!

Junior Member Array

do you reckon i just need to pee alot? because ive been trying not to pee too often. I'm also bleeding again which is worrying although not alot i've never experienced it before now and last week and it is worrying me.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pee as much as you can, try to flush your system. Drink cranberry juice or there is a concentrated cranberry extract in pill form that has worked for me as well.

Drink drink drink and pee pee pee.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

VIP Member Array

I would go to the doctor if it doesn't clear up, because it could move up the urinary tract to the kidneys. The doctor will just have you pee in a cup and give you an antibiotic that will take care of it in a few days. But, as everyone has said continue drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice.

Also it is important to urinate after sex, because it will help to flush out any bacteria that may have been pushed into your urethra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast