Forum:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp pains in the vaginal area.

Junior Member Array

Question Sharp pains in the vaginal area.

Hi ladies!
    Does anyone get sharp pains in the vaginal area? (I say "area" because my pains seem to travel in this area.)

I've been getting these super sharp pains that stop me dead in my tracks for almost a year now & I don't know what it could be. They've happened at all different times of the day & night with or without having sex.
    Anyone have an idea what this could be???
    S.FL Mommy

Junior Member Array

I have no idea what its from sorry, but I do get that .... I'll just be doing whatever and then its so sharp sometimes it doubles me over then its gone. Hubby says I'm crazy!

Banned from WH Array

Default reguarding sharp pain

Your pelvic floor muscles could be cramping/spasming. Put your finger into your vagina. You can feel around and press on the muscles. It they're sore, they probably sore from spasming. You can tell your obgyn and he can refer you to a physical therapist that works with the pelvic floor. Mis-alignment of your pelvis could also cause them to spasm. Then I could be totally wrong. If your terribly worried, ask your obgyn.

Junior Member Array

I'm only 22, and this happens to me occasionally. And they do floor you. They almost make me gasp in pain. But it only happens about once a month or every few months.

Junior Member Array

Hi, I'm a newbie here.
    I had those pains from about age 16 to 40. It turns out I had pelvic congestion and that was one of the side-effects/symptoms. The pain is unbelievable and it does, literally stop you from moving. I definitely understand.

Junior Member Array

Default Wow, this is pretty much what i have experienced!!

oh my god, thank you so much for posting this, i have just joined as i have been getting a bit worried about what has been happening to me. I saw this post and thought "wow, this is almost exactly what i have been experiencing!". I am 23 and have had a history of irregular periods from the beginning! Recently, i have been getting relatively mild cases of what you have been describing but they do seem to be getting worse. The pains really do floor you, i have to stop dead in my tracks and sometimes it happens when i am driving or at work, which is really bad!!!! I hope to see my doctor about this soon, will let you know what they suggest!!!
    Catchya,
    QuietAussie

Junior Member Array

Angry Me Too!

I've been experiencing the same thing off and on too. It just happened to me this morning on my drive to work and I thought I was going to die!

Junior Member Array

Default Thank you..

.. This has happened to me as well! You ladies have no idea how happy I am to know that this is not uncommon.

Junior Member Array

I have the same pain and it seemed to have started after starting birth controll. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but it seemed strange to me.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only person with this problem.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by s.fl.mommy View Post
    Hi ladies!
    Does anyone get sharp pains in the vaginal area? (I say "area" because my pains seem to travel in this area.)

I've been getting these super sharp pains that stop me dead in my tracks for almost a year now & I don't know what it could be. They've happened at all different times of the day & night with or without having sex.
    Anyone have an idea what this could be???
    HI my name is danielle. please tell me you have found out what is causing the pain i have had exactly the same symptoms and for the exact lengh of time. im 17 and the hospital are taking there time in helping me im 2 young to go through the pain. the doctors first diagnosed me with irratable bowl syndrome which turned out to be wrong
    Last edited by Little; 10-01-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast