Forum:

Thread: Right side ovary pain

Junior Member Array

Default Right side ovary pain

Hi,

For the past couple of months i've been experiencing right sided ovarian pain. It comes and goes through out the month, pain at it's highest about a week and a half before i'm due on my period. I also don't experience any pain during sexual intercourse. I've also come off the pill since December.

For about 3 months i took courses of antibiotics (for chest infection, lung infection, UTI etc) So i think it could have contributed to the pain?

I am getting extremly worried about it, especially the area the pain is as im worried about fertility issues.

Anyone kind enough to give me any advice?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I would guess what you're feeling about a month and a half before your period is ovulation pain, some women feel pain in the ovaries at this time of the month. Or you might have a cyst, most cysts burst and disperse on their own and don't need intervention. I get ovulation pain every month and always feel it on the right side and have had several cysts too that have just gone away and they can cause pain there for a few months while they are present. If in doubt ask your doctor for an ultrasound.

VIP Member Array

Unhappy cyst

I have been told that i have a cyst on my right ovary and i am getting same pains as you round about period time on my right side.But my hospital doctor said that where i am getting pains the cyst wouldnt be the cause of the pain.I sometimes get the pain when i go to the toilet to pass water,,do you? My gp said that he would test me for gall stones and i have to go for ultra sound tomorrow for this and to see if the cyst has grow.Has anyone else reading this had cysts on their ovary and had them removed.

yorkielass

Junior Member Array

No i don't have pains when i pass water or anything. The pain online occurs about a week and a half before my periods start. Yet sometimes in the month, i do get like a sharp sudden stabbing pain, but i hardly get them, only if my period has been heavy the previous month.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

yorkielass, it depends what type of cyst it is. If it's filled with fluid they usually just have another look in about 6 months and they usually vanish on their own. I've had lots and they just go given time, they only usually remove solid ones but they can tell from an ultrasound which type it is.

EmsiWemsi I still think you're feeling ovulation pain but if you're anxious get it checked out.

VIP Member Array

Unhappy cyst

I had the ultra sound and i dont have gall stones,but another cyst has been found on my left ovary now.I have been in pain over a year with the right one and i was told its still there.The results will go to my doctor at the hospital and i should be getting an appointment soon to talk.

yorkielass