Forum:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Way too much discharge

Junior Member Array

Unhappy Way too much discharge

Hi, I'm 20 years old now. Since I was about 15 I've had alot of vaginal discharge. Way too much I believe. It's pretty much constant, never stops. Sometimes when I get out of the shower it leaks onto my feet or floor before I even have time to get dressed. This is a really embarrassing problem, as you can imagine. All of my underwear is stained and almost everyday I "leak" into them. Sometimes I dont feel it, sometimes it'll come suddenly and feel as if I am on my period and my tampon has leaked. Of course, I am not on my period, so I do not have a tampon. I go to the bathroom and my panties are wet and feels very disgusting. I've read that you're not supposed to wash yourself with soap, so I thought maybe that was the problem but it didn't stop it. Also I have stopped wearing panties to bed, but that just makes me leak more and i am constantly wet from it. Please help, I have been to 2 doctors, they both treated me with antibiotics that didn't work. I do not have health insurance now so I cannot go back. PLEASE HELP!! How do i make it stop?! It's been at least 5 years now!!
    niii likes this.

Junior Member Array

Hi Nicole - I can't help you apart from sympathise with you because I have exactly the same thing - has been like it for about 18 months and is driving me crazy and making me depressed. It's non stop and I mean never stops. Have had tests but there is no infection - gynacologist just said some women have this I can't believe that i will have to have this forever - it is stopping me exercising and just enjoying normal things like walking or rollerblading - in fact anything where you have to walk -let me know if you find anything - take care love cate

Junior Member Array

Default Hi

I had the same problem before i started eating healthy and taking supplements. Its actually normal. I've been to several dr's and have had every test you can think of performed on me. Discharge is different for every woman, unfortunately, some of us have a lot more than others. I've also found that stress contributes to it, as well as hormones (i.e theres more when im ovulating). I wear panty liners on occasion but im usually okay with eating healthy and taking supplements.

I've also found that eating apples helps it (due to the antioxidants and vitamins) and drinking a lot of water(the water flushes your system, so you literally pee the discharge instead of having it end up on your panties).

So, if youre a hypochondriac like myself and have had every test come up negative, chances are its normal for you. Like i said, every woman is different.

Hope this helps.

Private.Flangeamin

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Hi, I'm 20 years old now. Since I was about 15 I've had alot of vaginal discharge. Way too much I believe. It's pretty much constant, never stops. Sometimes when I get out of the shower it leaks onto my feet or floor before I even have time to get dressed. This is a really embarrassing problem, as you can imagine. All of my underwear is stained and almost everyday I "leak" into them. Sometimes I dont feel it, sometimes it'll come suddenly and feel as if I am on my period and my tampon has leaked. Of course, I am not on my period, so I do not have a tampon. I go to the bathroom and my panties are wet and feels very disgusting. I've read that you're not supposed to wash yourself with soap, so I thought maybe that was the problem but it didn't stop it. Also I have stopped wearing panties to bed, but that just makes me leak more and i am constantly wet from it. Please help, I have been to 2 doctors, they both treated me with antibiotics that didn't work. I do not have health insurance now so I cannot go back. PLEASE HELP!! How do i make it stop?! It's been at least 5 years now!!
    Im so surprised your dr hasnt done anything about this Nicole ..this is an ongoing problem and he should of tried alternative methods, firstly have you had a vaginal culture to establish whether this discharge is candida or repeated episodes of BV or both BV and Candida , you need to establish whether this discharge is related to a sexual health problem ...ie Trich , chlamydia (which can mimic the syymptoms of thrush ) or indeed any other std...If you are sleeping with a guy and you are not using protection even though you have taken your antibiotics the guy MUST also take them and no sexual intercourse even with a condom until treatment is complete or there is the chance of reinfection ...so if you are having sex please get a high vainal swab taken as soon as possible .
    If you have been told this is candida?thrush you have a number of options you have now reached the stage to start ...ORAL fluconazole , a months course to start and review with dr for possibly a six months course of one weekly tablet ...there are other oral medicines too ...also DALACIN intravaginal cream 2 per cent should stop any discharge and clear up a possible cervical infection ...

It is most important you have this problem seen to as soon as possible , ongoing candida , can cause PID ...you have excessive discharge and this problem needs to be tackled ...ask your dr for either of the two medicines and you must have a high vaginal swab to determine exactly what they are dealing with .

Good luck
    catherine xx

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array FionaDiaz's Avatar

Apples!

....I think someone else stated that too... and water!

Also, to save your panties, wear pads or panty-liners.

I had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant... No doctor could tell me what to do, but since this is a country of poverty and superstition, a few older women subscribed apples, lettace and water (also they preformed a ritual using eggs... but lets not go there!)

Best of luck!

Private.Flangeamin

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Hi just had another thought as you say insurance a problem - dont know how things work in USA but if you go to any FREE clinic that tests for sti ...not every one who attends these clinics has sti but at LEAST there will be qualified gyne people to look at you ...you will get a proper internal examination ...there must be free clinics or health centres or family planning clinics will examine you ,...i go to my local family planning clinic even though im not going for birth control pills ..they give me condoms but im happy to buy them i get to be examing checked for anything and talk about any issues relating to personal life ...please check out the phone book or find a well woman centre ...you dont have to live with this ....you can wash with LACTACYD its the BEST for problems like that and dont wear towels or tampons in bed ..let your body breathe wear cotton underwear , skirts instead of jeans ...but good idea to wear a panty liner in the day till you are clear like Fiona mentioned .....Dalacin cream is waxy and thick and after one applicationshould stay in your vagina for a good few days and NO discharge coming out while it treats it . You use the one box with the applicators until you have finished ...antibiotics cause thrush , so if possible unless you are in dire need of them ..avoid !! get better soon ...
    Catherine

Private.Flangeamin

Quote Originally Posted by Private.Flangeamin View Post
    Im so surprised your dr hasnt done anything about this Nicole ..this is an ongoing problem and he should of tried alternative methods, firstly have you had a vaginal culture to establish whether this discharge is candida or repeated episodes of BV or both BV and Candida , you need to establish whether this discharge is related to a sexual health problem ...ie Trich , chlamydia (which can mimic the syymptoms of thrush ) or indeed any other std...If you are sleeping with a guy and you are not using protection even though you have taken your antibiotics the guy MUST also take them and no sexual intercourse even with a condom until treatment is complete or there is the chance of reinfection ...so if you are having sex please get a high vainal swab taken as soon as possible .
    If you have been told this is candida?thrush you have a number of options you have now reached the stage to start ...ORAL fluconazole , a months course to start and review with dr for possibly a six months course of one weekly tablet ...there are other oral medicines too ...also DALACIN intravaginal cream 2 per cent should stop any discharge and clear up a possible cervical infection ...

It is most important you have this problem seen to as soon as possible , ongoing candida , can cause PID ...you have excessive discharge and this problem needs to be tackled ...ask your dr for either of the two medicines and you must have a high vaginal swab to determine exactly what they are dealing with .

Good luck
    catherine xx
    sorry forgot to add this one way of getting rid of thrush for GOOD is steam all of your panties after you have washed them on a hot as possible iron ..REASON : washingat normal temp will not get rid of the spores responsible for thrush -- they survive !! therefore if you wear the panties again you have the thrush spores active to keep causing the trouble ...agin take time to steam them and any clothes jeans ect the middle part stem them too and wah bedlinen on hot as possible and steam with iron where you have had anything on the sheets/covers ..this does work i promise you ..

Junior Member Array

Default same thing

Sorry to hear about ur problems. I had the same thing too for a while now. I have done all the test, and everything came out negative. I am currently on anitbiotics. Some days, there's no discharge, but other days planty. It's very depressing and annoying.
    It happens to a lot of women, so don't worry too much.

Hope you find something that works.

Good Luck!!

Unhappy me to

I have the same issue that you do this is why I joined this site. I'm not sure if this "leaking" is caused by BV but I was reading a lot of the post about it and there symptoms are the same as ours. One lady said that she takes Primadophilus Reuteri. If you look under the post for having BV I am sure you will find it. I am way to shy to really talk to someone about this so I am going to give this a try first. She wrote that a 30 day supply is only $10. Good luck and I'll let you know. Also I am going to try the iron thing.

Junior Member Array

Default U.K. doctors treatment

Hi,
    For nearly 3 years now I have suffered with excessive vaginal discharge. All smears come back normal, and the discharge is not smelly, but it does itch a lot of the time, and my vulva is constantly swollen, and sore.
    I have been admitted to hospital twice for exploratory examinations, firstly to make sure I had not left a tampon inside, and secondly for a colposcopy and to cauterise the area that produces discharge.
    I have also used metronidazole, Canesten, pessaries and cream, and vagisil. I am currently taking famciclovir as the problem seems to constantly spark genital herpes blistering. This condition is most distressing, and embarrassing, I have been unable to have sexual intercourse since March 2007, as I have become so tight swollen and sore, they had to do my regular cervical smear while I was under general anesthetic, during one of the aforementioned procedures, and my doctors seem at a loss to cure it.
    So even though due to the NHS all my treatments are free, it doesn't help when they can't actually find the root cause of the problem!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast