Forum:

Thread: Painful cracks in my intimate area

Junior Member Array

Unhappy Painful cracks in my intimate area

Hi,

I came here because this problem really bothers me a lot...and I don't know what to do anymore
    I'm going to describe you what my problem is, as good as I can: it's the 3rd time this year when I get some cracks in my intimate area. They're small, but very painful, sometimes they make me itch, and they feel like burning **stupid broken vagina ** I don't have a strange, smelly discharge...but the one I usually have, seems to be a bit more "thick" whenever I get this cracks.
    I don't know what causes them - I don't eat anything strange (been eating the same things for years), I have a good, normal hygiene, I'm not currently sexually active, I wear cotton panties and so on... The first two times I had them, they disappeared after let's say 5 days...now it's the third time, and they're down there for a month or so.
    I already went to 2 gynecologists...but I don't live in a town with many possibilities in this domain...so I don't know where to ask for help anymore. The first one got me checked for STD's (I don't have any) and then he gave me a cream with nystatin (which I think it's for candida). My fault is that I only applied that cream once - after I felt it's burning my skin I stopped applying it... Then my problem came back. The second gyn gave me a cream called Fucidine... And here I am, having these cracks again.
    At first I only had one near my clit, then I observed another one...and now I have a new one in my area
    I feel like ... Now I'm trying to apply the cream my first gyn gave me...I was able to stand it for a day, and it feels maybe a bit better, though I'm not sure yet...
    Do you have any idea what could I have, or what else could I do?

Cracks will usually appear when the skin on the vagina becomes too dry. you need to make sure to clean the area with warm water. you can also apply a cream called 'vagisil' which you can pick up from any chemist that can help the problem area. (although i would suggest reading the packaging and/or speaking to your doctor about it first).
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - Chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO-HOO what a ride!!"
    "I dream about being with you forever." - Twilight

VIP Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Cracks will usually appear when the skin on the vagina becomes too dry. you need to make sure to clean the area with warm water. you can also apply a cream called 'vagisil' which you can pick up from any chemist that can help the problem area. (although i would suggest reading the packaging and/or speaking to your doctor about it first).
    I believe that the vagisil cream shouldnt be applied to broken skin as it will cause more irritation so probably best to speak to your doctor about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    I believe that the vagisil cream shouldnt be applied to broken skin as it will cause more irritation so probably best to speak to your doctor about it.
    "Vagisil Cream reduces or inhibits the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness, and swelling. Vagisil Cream can also be used for temporary relief of pain and itching in both Vaginal and other skin areas associated with minor burns, minor cuts, scrapes, broken skin and minor skin irritations."

I copied that from a Pharmaceutical site - but you are right though - it is always best to check with your doctor before applying anything to your skin, especially to your vagina.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - Chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO-HOO what a ride!!"

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Vagisil basically numbs the area a bit to relieve symptoms so whether you apply it to broken skin or not doesn't really make a difference to healing the skin. It's best to get checked out really to rule out skin conditions etc.

dora, ignore all the stuff ive put on here - i clearly dont know as much on treating infections as i thought. x