Forum:

Thread: No period for a long time

Junior Member Array

Default No period for a long time

I'm 20 years old, and I've been running since highschool. I lost my period while running, and it hasn't come back in about 3 years. I went to the doctor earlier as well because I lost a lot of weight, and my hormones were really off. I think I was pretty low in estrogen. I gained most of the weight back by now, and I'm about 123 pounds. I'm about the same weight as I was when I had my period, but I don't have it back yet. I'm also having issues with my bladder, like it's really hard to hold it when I have to use the bathroom. It's like the muscles are really weak, and I wondering if i'ts related to any other problems I've been having.

I'm worried about my general health, and about ever being able to have kids. I need to get my hormone levels balanced, and I want to have regular cycles every month. I'm wondering if there are any good herbs or formulas I can take to help.

Any feedback or advice would be great, and let me know if you need to know any other information. Thanks!
    Last edited by lookagain; 12-28-2010 at 11:29 PM.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did you have a full physical when you went to the Dr?

I would start with that, having blood tests to check all your levels, etc.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Junior Member Array

I think that it was a full physical, but the doctor's appointment I was talking about was last summer. Do you think that there are herbs I can take to help, or is it better to get my hormones checked at the doctor first?

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, I'd get your hormones checked first. If you don't know what is out of whack, how are you even going to find a natural remedy for it?
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

VIP Member Array

Herbs are not going to do anything for you right now at this stage. You will need to see a gyno not having a period in 3 years should of already been investigated so time to def get on track of whats going on. I would get my hormones checked out with full blood work, a pelvic exam, a ultrasound xray, as well a laproscopy if needed. Birth control could help you but also this sounds like it could be PCOS usual it causes weight gain but don't let weight matter to you I know a girl skinny as a board with PCOS, your hormone test, pelvic exam, and ultrasound can help you find out if you have this or something else.
    Last edited by missbutterfly; 12-30-2010 at 11:11 PM.

VIP Member Array

You may have: Secondary Amenorrhoea this could be it too, I had to go back and remember this one. IT very well could be this since you were into sports.