Forum:

Thread: Double Vagina

Junior Member Array

Default Double Vagina

Hi
    I am 15 and sexually active, I wanted to state this now as I have not posted this to be lectured about waiting until I am 16 so could you please refrain from doing so.
    I have recently discovered that I have a longitudinal septum, which basically means I have a fleshy wall down the centre of my vagina splitting it into two. I am extremely worried about this as I know it is a rare condition and I have read stories about other women who have this and were later unable to conceive or had difficulty doing so. I know I am too young to be thinking about having children, and I do not plan on having a child until I am happily married, but I am very concerned about this as it also makes sex slightly uncomfortable for me. I am too nervous to phone up a gynaecologist or sexual health clinic as I am unsure as to what I would say. If anyone knows what I should be looking to do about this ,as I am extremely worried about the concept of being unable to have children, I would really appreciate some advice.
    Thank you,
    Saffron.

jns
    Triple Diamond Member (3,000+ posts & member 3 years+) Array jns's Avatar

Google longitudinal septum and look at some of the hits. This may not be as much of a problem as you think it is. Do you have a single cervix and a single uterus?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Patrick Henry

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Only a doctor is going to be able to tell you what you need to know for your particular situation. It is a good idea to be proactive about this. The more you learn, the better you will be able to determine your best options.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Junior Member Array

Thanks for your replies.
    I just don't know what doctors I should be going to about this, I don't want to have to phone up and try explain the situation but there appears to be no walk in sexual health centres in my area. And as for if I have a single cervix and uterus, I don't know and that's one of the things I would like to find out.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) FEBRUARY 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array stressed's Avatar

The one you're having sex with must help you find a clinic or a gyn to answer your questions and be examined. Sex is a responsible act and you should both act as such. If you feel you're old enough to have sex then you must also behave accordingly and call a gyn. (I'm neither lecturing you nor having against anything you having sex at 15, it's how reality is. You may get pregnant by it and then it will be even more difficult for you to seek help).

Junior Member Array

I understand that, and I thought I'd do the responsible thing and try find out if anyone had any more information on it before I went to doctors with it. I plan on seeking out a gynaecologist in my area asap so I can get everything checked out, I am just nervous as I have never had to go to one before and I would not know what to say to them on the phone.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I have a friend with the exact same thing and she had a little girl a few years ago, got pregnant fine but she did have to have a c section rather than a vaginal delivery.

Junior Member Array

Thanks for your reply sarah001 thats quite reassuring I've decided im not going to go to the gyn as it isnt really causing me any problems and seen as I only have one period I am presuming i only have one cervix.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) FEBRUARY 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array stressed's Avatar

Never self-diagnose... At least give a clinic/gyn an anonymous call.

Sexually active women have to visit the gyn every year, whether they feel fine or not. A PAP test is necessary every 3 years as well. Please, this is serious.

I also used to be like you, but once you get there one time you'll find it easier to go whenever you feel like it. It's all about going to he gyn once, it's nothing to worry about, they are very friendly and understanding. I'm not saying this because I'm playing the "grown up", but because I've been where you are now

And to add something: I've been to gyns in 3 different countries. They are ALWAYS friendly, smiling and understanding, it's not a matter of luck. It's their job to support you and answer to your questions. Do try it, you'll feel soo much happier and confident for doing it and you'll feel so good about yourself. You only gain from it.