Forum:

Thread: Itchy Pubic Area

VIP Member Array

Default Itchy Pubic Area

Embarresing problem, my pubic area is itchy, especially when I walk around, I notice it starts. I have NO reason to have crabs/lice, as I am married for 22 years in a stable and monogomus marriage. I don't have no visual signs of pubic lice either, I've checked so many times for moving things, but nothing. Skin seems clear. I use very mild soaps, like cetaphil and dove sensitive. Any ideas?

jns
    Triple Diamond Member (3,000+ posts & member 3 years+) Array jns's Avatar

No ideas, but crabs can be passed on clothing such as trying on things in a store.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Patrick Henry

Junior Member Array

Could it be your washing powder? I had soreness and swelling down there a couple of years ago (no other area was affected!) and it turned out to be my laundry liquid.

VIP Member Array

I think its allergy related. I have had very horrible yeast, and now that it's gone, I'm left with not an allergy but a "hypersensivity" in the vaginal area. It is definately getting better over time. I did a test, I take zyrtec and zantac on the bad days, and took it today, and like magic, no itch. I try not to take those to often, just on the days I work part time. I also washed with cetaphil only. So, I won't take it tomarrow.
    We;ll see if I itch.

Junior Member Array

My dr prescribed me Double Base emollient shower gel and body moisturiser (by Dermal Laboratories) and it is really good for itchy and inflamed skin. You can also buy it from rthe chemists, but it costs around 9. I also find E45 shower cream helpful when my skin's playing up. Hope this is some help and that it gets better soon