Forum:

Thread: Lump in groin area

Junior Member Array

Default Lump in groin area

I'm 18, and yesterday while taking a shower, I noticed a very firm lump right in the crease where my leg meets my torso across from the perineum (I'm bad at describing, so I marked the location on this diagram with a red dot). The lump is circular and about 1-2cm in diameter. It feels very hard and it's painful if pressure is applied and remains sore for about five minutes after I initially press on it. You can see the lump sticking out slightly from just looking, but the skin on it looks normal as far as I can tell. I've tried googling to see what this could be, but I haven't come across anything that seems to definitely fit. I haven't shaved the area with the lump in a few weeks, so I know it's not an ingrown hair.

In addition to this, I have another lump (although it's more like a sphere) that seems to come and go on a monthly basis, usually appearing about a week and a half before I start my period. When it's there, it's always located directly next to my clitoris on the right and is about the size of a pea. I can easily move it around, and I can feel some kind of string or something that's attached to it and leading away from it. It's slightly painful, but only if pressure is applied, and once I think I popped whatever it is from pressing on it. I pressed down really hard for whatever reason, and suddenly I just felt it burst (it didn't hurt at all) and then it was gone until the next month, but when this happened there was no kind of visible fluid or anything.

I don't know if these details matter, but I figured more information couldn't hurt! My period is a little late (about 3-4 days), and normally it's extremely regular, but I've never been sexually active. I was also in a moderately bad car accident Monday afternoon, and I've had some soreness in my groin as well as all over my body from that (my only actual injury though is a bruised bone in my arm), so I don't know if it could be related to the new lump. I've also been extremely tired lately. I normally don't get enough sleep because of school, but in the past I've always been able to still function normally with this amount of sleep or less, whereas now I'm falling asleep every time I'm not doing something active and I have to take a nap in the afternoon, and even then I'm exhausted again about an hour later.

So does anyone have ANY idea what this lump could be?

It could probably be a boil.
    "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"