Forum:

Thread: Where can I get estradiol pills in Toronto without a prescription?

Junior Member Array

Default Where can I get estradiol pills in Toronto without a prescription?

Hiya everyone!!!

So lately, I've been trying to get a hold of some estrogen pills. The problem? I need a prescription for it! I've recently done a blood test on my hormone levels, and the result was that my estrogen level was BARELY above the lower threshold. My doctor did not want to give me estrogen because she thought there was no need for it (since it was, well, within the range), but I personally do not feel that I have enough estrogen. I get tired easily, get sick a lot (low estrogen is linked to a weaker immune system), and sometimes I don't feel the same emotions that I need to feel.

Where in Toronto can I buy estrogen pills without a prescription? By estrogen, I don't mean supplements like red clover or soy. I mean the real deal estrogen molecule.

I'm in my mid 20s btw

Thanks a bunch!!!

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nowhere. You need a prescription. Do not buy online as the "legit" companies often lie and you can land yourself in the hospital from the false advertising. There is a reason things are prescription only and hence there is a real danger of buying things online. The only other option to increase estrogen would be to eat foods with trace amounts of estrogen based substances, but that would require eating an absolute ton because the levels are in the extremely minute molecular amounts. But that said having estrogen levels within the acceptable amounts based on blood work is perfectly okay. If the levels were very very low then the doctor would opt for estrogen supplements but when you are in the normal range there really is no need to as your body can create more if it needs more to balance things out (providing there is no diagnostic reason for the inability to produce more estrogen to the required levels).
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

SEPTEMBER 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array BabyGirl's Avatar

My doctor did not want to give me estrogen because she thought there was no need for it (since it was, well, within the range), but I personally do not feel that I have enough estrogen. I get tired easily, get sick a lot (low estrogen is linked to a weaker immune system), and sometimes I don't feel the same emotions that I need to feel.
    If you want to, not sure how Canadian Medical Law is, but you should be able to ask for a Second Opinion.
    But You also should be having some Trust in your Dr. The one that Studied so many Years to even get that Doctor Status.
    And if she tells you that You are in the Range, but on the low end and there is no need for it . If Your Country says Estrogen Supplements need to be Prescribed by a Dr. there is a reason for it. Depending on dosage, you will need follow up and blood work to get to the " Proper and Safe " level.

but I personally do not feel that I have enough estrogen. I get tired easily, get sick a lot (low estrogen is linked to a weaker immune system), and sometimes I don't feel the same emotions that I need to feel
    Low Estrogen is possibly linked.. So is a Low or High Thyroid, so is Anemia. So are Menstrual abnormalities. Birth Control Pills, over working, under sleeping, Alcohol, Street ( Recreational ) Drugs.

Hun, Give yourself a chance to see another Dr.
    You are Young, body is changing, just like it did thru the Mid Teens . Our Woman Bodies ' Change " every 7-10 years.

Progesterone, Estrogen, Cellulite, Melatonin, Body Mass, Weight,Tone, all change. So Just try to follow your Dr's orders. If uncomfortable, ask for another Dr.

Good Luck

Junior Member Array

Thanks everyone!

Babygirl - I'm 99% sure it's the low estrogen. I have a normal thyroid level, I take iron supplements everyday (so I'm not anemic), my menstrual cycle is fine, I'm not taking birth control, I'm not under stress, I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't do drugs.

There has to be some way for me to get estrogen without a prescription.

Junior Member Array

I mean, it's not like the low estrogen symptoms I'm experiencing is life threatening. Rather, these symptoms are creating so much discomfort in me and I just don't feel like I am myself lately. My biggest complaint is that now I'm getting sick a LOT, moreso than before, and that correlated with my drop in estrogen level. I told my doctor that estrogen plays a role in immune stimulation (even showed her a few pubmed articles on it!) and that still didn't convince her.

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You do not have low estrogen though, you have an acceptable level. Being sick is a pretty broad symptom and yes it can be due to a multitude of other things rather than low estrogen. Simply not eating right or having a developing food sensitivity can cause one to become sick. Being depression an cause symptoms of exhaustion, feeling tired, and sickness. It can also be due to allergies and the symptoms mistaken for being sick all the time. Then are are actual immune issues that have nothing to do estrogen levels which can lead to being sick. There is a lot more to explore medically to explain feeling sick than estrogen just because you feel you need the supplements. Your doctor did make the right call by not giving estrogen supplements when your levels are already okay. I mean you can still go to another doctor and have another blood test and see if your CBC as well as estrogen levels are okay but things do not fluctuate that much unless your last blood test was months ago and hence the greater chance of levels being different. But even still that particular type of estrogen you want is a regulated form and will be sold through prescription only.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

You may be right about the low Estrogen. But you need to see another Dr. I'd try to get a referral to an Immunologist.
    Also know that if you buy " illegal " Estrogen Replacement Pills and just take them as you feel like . And are not monitored as to the Blood Levels, that you risk your Health.
    Here's a little about Too Much Estrogen.

Too much estrogen can have a number of side effects, and if you suffer from these problems you may want to determine if you have an imbalance with your hormones. One side effect is low progesterone levels, which can also cause both mental and physical problems and changes.

If you have too much estrogen then you may notice problems with your breasts becoming tender and growing larger, and this can occur in both sexes. Men who have high levels of estrogen may start to go through male menopause as well, and notice a decrease in sex drive and libido. You may also notice a weight gain, regardless of whether you are male or female. Water retention is another common side effect.

A female hormone imbalance can cause many changes, and as a result of hormone replacement therapy or other natural causes your estrogen levels can become too high. You may notice a lack of appetite, and you may feel nauseous at times. If you are a woman you may notice swelling in your lower extremities, and you may feel bloated and suffer from abdominal cramps and pains. These are all side effects of too much estrogen.

The opposite problem of too much estrogen is not enough. This condition is usually called estrogen deficiency, and in this case your body is not making enough of this crucial hormone instead of producing too much. Ironically, both conditions have many of the same side effects. Menstrual changes and problems are frequently a side effect of an imbalance between hormones, and missed or heavy periods are common.

Estrogen dominance is not normally a severe or fatal problem, but this medical condition can have side effects that profoundly affect your life and well being, and can cause serious medical problems. In some cases too much estrogen in your body can lead to blood clots or other life threatening complications. Clots can cause you to have a stroke, heart attack, and other complications which can cause death in some cases.

Again, there are reasons that you need a Prescription and cannot just buy them over the Counter. So maybe try doing it the "legal " way first. Get a second or even third opinion. If all the Dr's say you don't need the Estrogen, and you feel you know better than the Dr's.
    Then at least try to find a Company in another Country, that is Reputable and has to follow their FDA ( Federal Drug Association ) Rules as to how the Drugs are made, so as to prevent, ingredients that do not belong, Cleanliness of Production facilities and so on.

I don't mean supplements like red clover or soy. I mean the real deal estrogen molecule.
    I don't know why you are unwilling to try the Natural way to get Estrogen, by adding Soy or Clover or even Fish oil to your Diet, Versus a " Man Made " pill ? Of which, many "Man Made" Pills , are made from the Concentrate of the Natural Ingredient to start with.

Possibly, if you just add some natural " estrogen " to you Diet, you may feel better , raise your level to mid way, instead of just above normal .
    Weigh the Risks, Educate yourself, Trust the Dr's who have studied this subject. See more than one Dr. and See if they Concur. ** Some Dr's Disagree and some have more training/knowledge than others , or are Specialized in HRT .

Here is a little more about the Estrogen, and Synthetic type Drugs ( Steroids ) that can effect Estrogen and Progesterone levels.

After talking to a friend today that has recently been evaluated by a competent physician, I decided to write a bit about bioidentical-hormones, such as testosterone and estradiol. The different between bioidentical-hormones,testosterone, estradiol, and synthetic versions of these hormones is critical to understanding hormone replacement therapy(HRT).

The main definition of bioidentical-hormones is any substance or hormone that is a manufactured drugs must have the exact chemical structure as that produced in the human body. Although synthetic derivatives of testosterone and estradiol can be made in the laboratory, only the drugs made with identical chemical structure can be considered bioidentical hormones. If they have the same chemical structure, they have predictable behavior in the body. Predictable behavior means safety because we already know what the body's own testosterone and estradiol do as far as function and behavior.

When synthetic drugs are taken, they have metabolites that break down during the process of detoxification and metabolism and these metabolites are not always benign (harmless). Often metabolites of synthetic hormones influence cells in different ways that are not conducive to longevity and optimal health the same way that the 'natural' bioidentical versions do. For example, ethinyl estradiol found often in birth control pills is not the same as bioidentical estradiol. Also progestins are synthetic versions of progesterone. Trenbolones, nandrolones, and methyl versions of anabolic steroids are all derivatives of testosterone and are not considered bioidentical-hormones.

Some examples of side effects that are known from synthetic hormones collectively (both male and female hormones) are:

increased LDL
    decreased HDL
    arterial inflammation
    possible joint inflammation
    generation of metabolic carcinogens
    increased free radical damage
    increased free radical production

For the above reasons and many others, we can see how synthetic hormones are the same as bioidentical hormones. Aren't anabolic steroids synthetic drugs? Yes. For the most part they are which is why knowing about their general metabolism and toxicity is a great help to avoiding unnecessary risk and damage to your health and body over the long term.

Some versions of bioidenticals with respect to anabolic steroids are the following: testosterone enanthate testosterone cypionate testosterone propionate testosterone suspension Sustanon I am constantly surprised at how many athletic individuals I meet on a weekly basis that do not have the slightest idea about the truth concerning testosterone replacement therapy. Even fewer individuals are aware of the fact that testosterone shots are very different from creams, gels, pellets, etc. The easiest way to tell testosterone from an "anabolic steroid" and therefore distinguish a drug/medicine as "bio-identical" all you have to do is look for the word "testosterone ________ate".

The suffix (the ___ate) is just filled in with the exact form of testosterone in the formulation. For example, testosterone enanthate is a long acting testosterone formulation that is typically used in the US and is given at a frequency of 1x per week in most bio-identical HRT protocols.

The "suffix" or "form" or "name" of the testosterone does not change the type, they are all bio-identical. They just have different rates of release into the bloodstream and different activity based on the half-life of the given ester. It is argued all over the web and is not really significant unless you are into splitting hairs but generally:

**enanthate - 6-8 day half life most popular form in US HRT

**cypionate - 4-6 day half life sometimes used in US HRT

propionate - 2-3 day half life rarely used in US HRT

suspension - 12 hour half life never used in US HRT

decanoate - 8-10 day half life rarely used in US HRT

phenylpropionate - 3-4 days never used in US HRT

**most commonly used "esters" or "forms" of testosterone used by US medical clinics in HRT

So as long as you see the word "testosterone" followed by a whacky chemical name you have "bio-identical" testosterone in some form with a designated strength and half-life. There are even more forms of testosterone but these are the most common.

The strength and form of testosterone used will change the metabolism of estrogen in your body and will necessitate a specific drug regimen and or protocol in order to maximize your Testosterone therapy while controlling for side effects.
    ** Credit for Article is given to a Googled site about bioidentical-hormones., Author was not Given **