Forum:

Thread: Smell.. everyday! HELP ME?!?!

Junior Member Array

Question Smell.. everyday! HELP ME?!?!

I have this nasty smell like garbage almost sometimes were my vagina is.. i take a shower every day and after i smell fine... by the end of the day its back again!! I hate having sex with my boyfriend b/c im embarassed.. he never says nething though...
    what could that smell mean though?? i dont have an erregular discharge and little itching... HELP ME.. some real advice

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

You should go to a doctor and get checked out. It could be an infection.

Junior Member Array

I definitely think you need to see a doctor as well. If the doctor finds nothing, you could always start douching, if you haven't tried that so far. Don't do it before you see a doctor though because it can make infections worse, if you douche while having one.

Junior Member Array bbhollywood's Avatar

Default smell

have you gone to get a pap smear. could be a an infection. i went to have my pap smear, and it has been about 5years and i had a similiar thing besides the smelly part. but a little discharge and itching i thought maybe it was a yeast infection but i actually have a virus on my cervix which is hpv. do not douche that is bad for you.

Senior Member Array

DO NOT DOUCHE!!! Douching will always make things worse if you have any sort of infection. It sounds to me like you have bacterial vaginosis (BV). It is a common infection that generally just happens on occassion due to ph embalances or less then good hygiene. It's really only harmful if you let it go untreated too long. The doctor can give you a one pill prescription for it. There is nothing over the counter to treat it.

The trademark symptom of BV is a foul, almost fishy smell. As it gets worse, you can start to see some changes in discharge (thickening and change of color). It isn't really accompanied by itching either, maybe only moderate.

You should definately see a doctor.

Junior Member Array

I kind of have the same problem. I have noticed a strange smell lately. It only started about 3 days ago though. I had just finished my period on sunday and was wondering if maybe that I had anything to do with it. I normally do not have any odor or anything. A few days before I had intercourse so I am wondering if maybe the lubricant he used has anything to do with it? I am very confused as how this has never happened before and it is very embarrasing. There is only a discharge if I sneeze. I guess the force of the sneeze forces it out. I really have no clue and would appreciate any advice.