Forum:

Thread: Really bad gas during my period

VIP Member Array

Smile Really bad gas during my period

Hi my name is Jill I get really bad gas when I'm on my period and during my period. And sometime I get diarrhea too. Does any one else expreience this during there period. And what medicine do you take to relive the gas. I really could use your help on this one. I just had a laparoscopy done and found out that I don't have endometriosis and it not my gallbladder neither. I can't take any form of birth control I've tried several and they all made me really sick. Thanks Allot Jill.

katty1

Quote Originally Posted by jacloss View Post
    Hi my name is Jill I get really bad gas when I'm on my period and during my period. And sometime I get diarrhea too. Does any one else expreience this during there period. And what medicine do you take to relive the gas. I really could use your help on this one. I just had a laparoscopy done and found out that I don't have endometriosis and it not my gallbladder neither. I can't take any form of birth control I've tried several and they all made me really sick. Thanks Allot Jill.
    Hi Jill !...i think this is normal..please dont worry. I'm 39 and i experience the same thing, bloating and particularly diarrhea just leading up to (about 4 days before and during period). when i was in hospital suffering from a gyne problem the nurse aked me "do you experience diarrhea during period"? yes i said ..and asked it it normal . She explained that it was and many women do but some might not and it is because the womb is starting to open as you are coming up to period the cramping can also affect the bowel and cause diarrhea. So menstral cramping and diarrhea !! not fun at all !! ...but one of the things us ladies have to cope with in life. Please dont worry. I have the same thing as you today ...(my period due at beginning of April). Im pleased that you dont have any problems (endometriosis ect ) and that your laparoscopy had a positive result. I dont take any form of birth control either ...(condoms) so perhaps but im not sure periods can be a bit more painful for ladies who dont take the pill. im sure the dr could give you something for this a painkiller and anti diarrhea remedy. Best wishes katty.