Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaginal itching and odor, no discharge.

Junior Member Array

Exclamation Vaginal itching and odor, no discharge.

I'm 19 years old and this problem has been going on for a good 2 or 2 1/2 years, maybe longer. I ignored it at first and for a long time.

My vagina, generally at night, will get very itchy. This happens every single night, and 1 day after I take a shower, or sooner, it will also get a very strong, bad smelling odor.

I had thought it was tape worms early on, and I took medication for that, but it did nothing. So, I ignored it for another year or so.

Recently, I came to the conclusion that I had a yeast infection. I took a 3 day monistat medication thing, to no avail. So, I went to the doctor. She checked me out and decided a could possibly have a yeast infection. So, she prescribed me another type of medication for it. That also didn't work.

I went back and got tested for yeast infection and some other things it could have been, and they all came back negative. Last week I was tested again in another place, sort of like a 'blanket' testing for any irregularities in my vagina, but they all came back negative. I know for sure that it tested for yeast, common STDs, parasites and other bacterial vaginal infections.

The only other thing that I could imagine that this is linked to is Depo Provera. It's been so long, but as far as I can remember, the symptoms came around the same time I started getting Depo Provera shots. I've stopped taking these shots since the beginning of May this year.

Could it possibly be my hormones acting up thanks to the shot? If so, I'd find it weird that the symptoms would persist for so long after my body was used to the shot.

So, I'm kind of stuck here. My vagina persists to itch daily, mostly at night (and when I ride bikes, I've noticed recently). It also gets a bad odor quite quickly, but I have no discharge. My doctors have said that it looks normal and all of the test results have come back negative. I'm really at a loss and I'm getting frustrated. Any thoughts?

Junior Member Array

Cuartet I'm having the exact same problem as you, its driving me crazy. Like you, I only get itchy at night time and all my test results have came back negative. I'm so frustrated because its interfering with my daily activities, work and sleep! I have never been on Depo Provera but did change the brand of my birth control pill 2 months ago. I hope you update with your situation and I for sure will. I hope you get better!

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very frustrating i am sure for both of you...

Bike riding, sweat, are you wearing nylon?

That really irriates a woman.

You may be allergic to the birth control you are taking as well.. Overseen by your Doctor...

Try a lower dose and ask for same...

Don't we hate being a woman?

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

YES being a woman sucks Chandlers Wish!!!! I have been avoiding any activities that will make me sweat and only wear pants that are 100% cotton right now, sometimes i even go with no underwear lol i kno some might find that gross but it helps a bit.

Cuartet I'm not sure if u still check this site being that this was your only post but I've been taking acidophillius pills for 1 week now, its kind of helping, I'm also eating yogurt everyday and my doctor recommended that i take zinc pills so I am going to start taking those as well. Try them, its worth a shot.

Gold Contributor 500+ Posts Array shweedart's Avatar

Sounds like you have thrush to me. I had it once and the itching was that bad I couldn't sleep at night and my downstairs was raw! My only slight relief from it at the time was having an ice cold flannel or towel on me ...there. It didn't help much, it was more of a Placebo but I managed to sleep

You can get thrush treatments in pills and creams but I used a pessary and the next day it was gone

Junior Member Array

Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't had time to check back until recently, partially because I forgot I posted this. The problem hasn't subsided even though my old birth control is definitely out of my system now.

My mom sent me a brochure from a women's health news letter that had different ways that could possibly help. The article is one about vaginas growing 'bad' bacteria instead of good bacteria, and that's what can make it smell and itch. I haven't tried the remedies yet, but I thought I might give that a shot.

If that doesn't work, I'll probably try your approach, misswendi. If anyone would like me to pass along the information I got from the article, you can ask and I'll dig it out and write what it says.

SLG
    Junior Member Array

Smile Night Time Vaginal Itch

Quote Originally Posted by Cuartet View Post
    I'm 19 years old and this problem has been going on for a good 2 or 2 1/2 years, maybe longer. I ignored it at first and for a long time.

My vagina, generally at night, will get very itchy. This happens every single night, and 1 day after I take a shower, or sooner, it will also get a very strong, bad smelling odor.

I had thought it was tape worms early on, and I took medication for that, but it did nothing. So, I ignored it for another year or so.

Recently, I came to the conclusion that I had a yeast infection. I took a 3 day monistat medication thing, to no avail. So, I went to the doctor. She checked me out and decided a could possibly have a yeast infection. So, she prescribed me another type of medication for it. That also didn't work.

I went back and got tested for yeast infection and some other things it could have been, and they all came back negative. Last week I was tested again in another place, sort of like a 'blanket' testing for any irregularities in my vagina, but they all came back negative. I know for sure that it tested for yeast, common STDs, parasites and other bacterial vaginal infections.

The only other thing that I could imagine that this is linked to is Depo Provera. It's been so long, but as far as I can remember, the symptoms came around the same time I started getting Depo Provera shots. I've stopped taking these shots since the beginning of May this year.

Could it possibly be my hormones acting up thanks to the shot? If so, I'd find it weird that the symptoms would persist for so long after my body was used to the shot.

So, I'm kind of stuck here. My vagina persists to itch daily, mostly at night (and when I ride bikes, I've noticed recently). It also gets a bad odor quite quickly, but I have no discharge. My doctors have said that it looks normal and all of the test results have come back negative. I'm really at a loss and I'm getting frustrated. Any thoughts?
    January 5, 2009 - Yesterday I Googled Night Time Vaginal Itch and found you and several other people having the same problem I have been having for a couple of months.

I decided that I would start washing my vaginal area with a cold washcloth each time I urinated. WOW! That did the trick for me - I managed to sleep all night without once itching.

Hope all of you will try this cold wash and certainly hope it works for you, also.

Junior Member Array

I had the same problem. I was diagnosed with Vulva Dystrohpy. One sympton I had that you do not mention is that my clitoris shrank. One side effect of this dystrophy is that it gets smaller. Also there is a shiny coating on your skin inside. Hope this helps.

Junior Member Array

Smile

I would love to know what this article advises, I have had itching for over a year now, thanks

Junior Member Array

I have the same problem. Except that it doesnt itch everyday. Im only 17 and have no what this means.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast