Forum:

Thread: facial hair really dark and thick

Default facial hair really dark and thick

I have it under my chin and it's pretty much black and I have pale skin so it doesn't look good. i have thick eyebrows (like bushy thick) and I have dark eyelashes (which I don't mind, it looks really nice) and dark brown hair (which is okay too) and I have upper lip hair which is starting to get dark. Truthfully, if you look close at my face I have hair ALL over it but it hasn't gotten extremely bad...yet. Right now it just looks like large pour-holes but I know it'll get worse...it always has for me. (I've had dark hair like this since i was 3, I developed pubic hair at that age)

I've had lasic (laser) done and it did nothing at all. It all grew back even though I did it about probably 10 times and all that money went down the drain. I've tried so many hair removal products and they do nothing (the ones that do do something are the ones that I can't use on my face such as nair)

I would wax but I don't wanna have to sit and wait for it to grow just to wax it since I have to go out in public every day. I don't feel comfortable with that. (besides, I've tried wax strips, which only work when I grow my face hair long, and the whole little box wasn't even enough...)

i know all of this facial hair is related to my high DHEA (if anyone knows a way to lower that, I'd be grateful, since the only thing I've ever found is how to make it higher with medicine-which of course the side effect is excessive facial hair) but mine is natural. I've been told when I get about in my forties it'll lower probably to normal on it's own but I want a treatment now (I'm in my twenties and I don't think it's fair I have to wear these turtlenecks all year round due to being uncomfortable about this) Shaving it of course makes it thicker and plucking would take too long (I mean WAAAY too long). I've seen personal hair trimmers but of course, I'd have to grow it long again for it to work. And the ones made for the face just aren't enough for all the facial hair I have (unless I was doing my lip, it would work for that but my chin is what makes me self-conscious)

can anyone help this lightskinned girl with dark hair (which she was so cursed with due to an arabic father)?

seriously, I could use help/advice.

I'm taking saw palmetto and am drinking spearmint tea (as i type this, even) and recently I've noticed a slowing down in the facial hair. I am so excited! I'm also taking an adrenal support supplement for my adrenals/elevated dhea levels...so i'm not exactly sure what is working--i suspect the saw palmetto, but it could be the synergy of all three (plus the other supplements i'm taking).

since i've been taking my supplements, about 6 weeks or so, i've felt so much better. more energy. less anxiety. my period last month was the easiest, least painful cycle i've had in years. and now, the "beard" is slowing down...it's still there, and i'm still plucking, but i'm noticing slower growth, which means less plucking!

i know that other ladies on this site have had a lot of luck slowing down the facial hair by reducing or eliminating sugar from their diets...for some, sugar seems to be a real catalyst for hair growth.
    **saw palmetto (whole foods brand)-360mg
    **every woman's one daily (new chapter)
    **b-complex (blue bonnet)-50mg
    **liver support (nature's answer)
    **spearmint tea-1 to 2 cups daily
    **easy now tea (traditional medicinals)
    **good, dark chocolate -daily =)

Junior Member Array

Default Black hairs on face resistant to Nair, Waxing. . .

I have the same problem as well as my mother. Took me years to figure it out, Chloracne.
    Man made skin disorder from TCDD, Dioxine. . .Agent Orange. Developed it at 11 years old while my family
    was in the military. I was very blonde - developed double hair folicals, (double lashes) bushy eyebrows, hairy
    back.. . Retin A (used it for years seamed to help the acne - but not with the hair). The one thing that did help me
    was Acutane - but can have serious side effects. Now doing Russion saunas, oil of oregano, Artimisin, sea salt
    good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Emikochan View Post
    I have it under my chin and it's pretty much black and I have pale skin so it doesn't look good. i have thick eyebrows (like bushy thick) and I have dark eyelashes (which I don't mind, it looks really nice) and dark brown hair (which is okay too) and I have upper lip hair which is starting to get dark. Truthfully, if you look close at my face I have hair ALL over it but it hasn't gotten extremely bad...yet. Right now it just looks like large pour-holes but I know it'll get worse...it always has for me. (I've had dark hair like this since i was 3, I developed pubic hair at that age)

I've had lasic (laser) done and it did nothing at all. It all grew back even though I did it about probably 10 times and all that money went down the drain. I've tried so many hair removal products and they do nothing (the ones that do do something are the ones that I can't use on my face such as nair)

I would wax but I don't wanna have to sit and wait for it to grow just to wax it since I have to go out in public every day. I don't feel comfortable with that. (besides, I've tried wax strips, which only work when I grow my face hair long, and the whole little box wasn't even enough...)

i know all of this facial hair is related to my high DHEA (if anyone knows a way to lower that, I'd be grateful, since the only thing I've ever found is how to make it higher with medicine-which of course the side effect is excessive facial hair) but mine is natural. I've been told when I get about in my forties it'll lower probably to normal on it's own but I want a treatment now (I'm in my twenties and I don't think it's fair I have to wear these turtlenecks all year round due to being uncomfortable about this) Shaving it of course makes it thicker and plucking would take too long (I mean WAAAY too long). I've seen personal hair trimmers but of course, I'd have to grow it long again for it to work. And the ones made for the face just aren't enough for all the facial hair I have (unless I was doing my lip, it would work for that but my chin is what makes me self-conscious)

can anyone help this lightskinned girl with dark hair (which she was so cursed with due to an arabic father)?

seriously, I could use help/advice.

Junior Member Array

Took me years to figure it out - check out Chloracne. Manmade skin disorder - TCDD, Dixon, by products of agent orange and many pescticides.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Old thread, thread closed and I would try anything that was developed by someone at 11 years of age and not approved, as you say, dangerous...

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!