Forum:

Thread: Facial Hair help, please!

Junior Member Array

Default Facial Hair help, please!

Hi, I have some questions that hopefully I can get help with. I made the mistake of shaving my face at age 16 to get rid of facial hair, and now I have to do it every day. I realize until I can afford laser hair removal that it will continue to be like this. Is there any advice that someone can give me about moisturizing the area before/afterwards, or possibly some tips on how to remove the hair more effectively? I am dark skinned and the hairs on my face aren't fine, but they aren't particularly thick either (except my eyebrows, the hairs are extremely thick, almost like pubic hair). The hair around my mouth is my main problem, as waxing/creams WILL NOT remove it. I've always had a horrible problem of the skin around my mouth drying and flaking, which makes my problem a lot more noticeable. It is really just the corners of my mouth; after shaving, the areas are red and irritated, and now the skin on the corners of my mouth are darker than the rest of the area. I use all kinds of lotion regularly, and it only helps the problem temporarily. I will usually have to dab on lotion on the areas throughout the day, because the skin will start to flake as the day goes by. Not only that, because I have to reapply lotion every so often, I also have to reapply make up to the area in order to TRY and cover it up. That will last a few hours before I have to do it again, but I still feel like it is really noticeable.

Which is another concern to me, makeup. I have never really been able to find anything that will cover up the flaws on my face left after shaving. The biggest problem I have is the area around my mouth; the makeup will cake and flake off because of the dryness I have. It is extremely unsightly, and although no one has ever mentioned anything about it, I don't see how it is NOT noticeable. Is there any kind of makeup that someone can recommend that will cover me up more effectively and that will last throughout the day? I've tried foundation then powder on top, foundation by itself, but because I have to put so much on around my mouth, it just looks BAD. I appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me. It is something I've dealt with for so long that has made me very self conscious, and I would love to be able to hold my head up without worrying if someone is gonna notice the effects of my daily hair removal routine. Thanks so much!

Junior Member Array

I am in the same boat. I have been dealing with this for many years and unfortunately as time passes it is only getting worse. I hope that some miracle solution will be found some day to hep all the women who are in this embarrassing situation.

Unfortunately I haven't found the perfect hair removal method,either. I also use make up trying to cover up the effects of plucking and shaving but just like you I know that it's still obvious. Nobody has commented on it but I don't think that nobody has noticed it.

I have read online that drinking two cups of spearmint tea daily might help with facial hair because it lowers testosterone levels. I started to drink it and keep my fingers crossed that it will help to slow down the growth a bit. I'm not very optimistic,though.

Junior Member Array

Sorry, I omitted a letter in my previous post and typed "hep" instead of "help"

bbc
    Junior Member Array

BB78 I to have the same problem and it makes me feel less of a women. i started shaving in Jr High only because I was made fun of alot because of my facil hair . i was raised by my dad and never knew about waxing or hair removel so i just shaved. I wear heavy make up to cover up every day and night even when i go to sleep because im so ashamed and I dont want my boyfriend to see it ... But I heard that there is this make up that you can find on line thats supposed to cover tattoos and I heard from a few trannys that it the best way to cover heavy facial hair...

Junior Member Array

I have also heard about spearmint tea and have been wanting to try it, I just haven't gotten around to it.

And yes, I usually wear the makeup when I go to sleep too, because of fear of what my husband will say. Yet I still can't help but think that it is still noticeable. It is very embarrassing when I feel the need to push him away when his stares linger too long on my face for fear that he may finally say something about it. I am amazed that there is someone else out there who knows how I feel too, I mean, who can you talk to openly about something like this? I thank you, and I will have to look into that make up, do you know what it's called?

If I only knew then what I know now! I have a 10 year old sister who has quite alot of facial hair, and it is very noticeable because she is light skinned and the hair is dark. She has been very open about the fact that she has started whacking away at it with a razor, which I've told her isn't a good idea. She is looking for a quick fix, because you know kids can be cruel Hopefully I can take my experience and wonderful advice I've found here and pass it along to her so she will know what to do/what not to do. Thanks to everyone so far!

Hello I'm suffering from the same things. I'm a black female with a caramel complexion. I have darkspots along my jawline and under the jawline and throatarea frm plucking and breakin the skin to get hair out of painful hair bumps. Unfortunately it does get worse as I age. I'm 36 now and I feel lik a young boy getn his first mustache and beard. I don't know what do. I've tht about laser hair removal but I'm kind of scared and plus its exspensive. I've tried waxing but that only last a couple wks and then the hair comes back even longer and worse than b4. I've been to many dermatologists and they always give me crams for other issues and not the main problem. My skin use to be so healthy and blemish free but not my skin has uneven tone and discoloration and hair. I'm really ashamed and on top of that I can't find makeup the color of my skin because of the discoloration. Ieven tried exspensive makeup and just a waste of money. This is a problem that has lower myself esteem to the point of just being depressed.
    Chelle

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I have facial hair too. Nothing works for me except for tweezing or waxing. Right now I am having to shave it because I am getting laser hair removal.

Junior Member Array

I am 30 and have been suffering for 10+ years now. I have gained 50 lbs and have excessive facial hair. I have been diagnosed with PCOS I also have tried waxing which I have to do 3 times a month. I have tried the no no hair removal and it doesn't work. I am into week two of electrolysis and I love it. $85 for two hour session and I got two times a week. Unlike laser this is a permeant hair removal. Laser is a reduction. Hopefully after a yr or two of treatments the damage at the root will be enough to stop it!!

VIP Member Array

I have PCOS too and have facial hair problems too.Have any of you had blood tests because facial hair is an hormone problem.I wax myself and after i put vaniqa on my face and it feels softer.The next stage you'd be thinking of laser treatment and because epilepsy is on my medical files i couldnt have this done.I'm over weight and when i loose this weight my gp said i will then see a difference in my facial hair.Also ask if your thyroid is ok and that your body is making the right hormones.Try to wax the area it will get softer and softer.The side of my mouth is worse for me as if im going to grow a mexican tash.