Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i deal with pubic hair?

Junior Member Array

Default how do i deal with pubic hair?

how do i deal with pubic hair? I've tried shaving but i've gotton cut and it hurts. and it grows back to quickly and it itches. What do i do help pleasE?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Elanor-Jane's Avatar

All of the threads here and posts will give u plenty of info. Basically it comes down to two things. How much u want gone and how much money u have. If u can afford laser or a wax I'd recommend those. Both thin hair, waxing consistently will thin it out a little, but u can get laser to the point of basically having nothing left at all or just every now and then making it easier to wax yourself (which if u have thick hair generally I wouldn't recommend) or making for a really easy shave with no ingrowns (waxing can b bad for ingrowns)

For me personally. I used to wax and shave intermittently depending on how much money I had, now I get laser (can't remember what sort sorry, but I pay $35 for a session which is around 5 mins and they do everywhere crack and all- stings like little needles). It's not all gone yet, I'm quite hairy down there but it makes it easier to shave which I still do around 2-3 times a week if I haven't been back for laser (as once it falls out it stays bare for around 4-5 weeks)
    When I shave I use hypoallergenic soap no perfume irritants etc NO shaving cream. I do it all underneath and the sides so I have a v triangle. I do the lips and my crack too but make sure the razor is sharp and be very careful or ull cut yourself

The creams are the same as shaving.possibly more irritating. The only way shaving works is after laser. If you've had it with shaving tho try professional waxing. Doing it yourself can be a disaster. Good luck. Oh also if u just shave underneath and only trim the top it might help. The skin underneath is softer and easier to shave the hair on top is generally coarser!

Banned from WH Array

From a man's perspective, women worry too much about their pubic hair. But then again, I want to be with a woman. I literally cannot become aroused by the littler girl look.

Were I you, I would groom your pubic hair with scissors. Then I would save your bikini line. Try Neutrogena shave cream. Right after you shave, rub Neutorgena shave cream over the area you have shaved. This will prevent razor bumps. And it will stop itching.

As long as it doesn't grow beyond your bikini, I wouldn't worry about it. Believe me, men know where women grow hair.

I used to date a woman who loved autumn and winter because she didn't have to shave anything until the hair on her armpits and legs got too long. She rarely did anything to her pubic region except a mild trim. Since none of it bothered me, she had no worries. And I never had to say a thing to her about her armpits and legs. She knew when it was getting too long. She might have shaved maybe every two weeks. And she groomed her pubic hair less often.

Just last weekend I was with a woman who asked me if stubble on her legs bothered me. Of course it didn't. I know that women, especially working women with kids, have to hustle to find time just to get away for an enchanting dinner. A man ought to feel fortunate that she found time to get away, let alone shaving. However, one thing that does cause me concern is when she can't find five minutes to take a quick shower. I don't care much about hair. However, I do expect women to be clean.

So, I guess my advice to you is don't worry about it too much. I can understand bikini season. But if you're not in a bikini that often, don't worry. Unless your boyfriend is overly picky, he isn't going to mind as long as you're with him. That's all I care about.

I dated a girl in college who shaved her legs in the morning and by evening she had stubble. Who cared?

Best of luck,

Taos

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Taos, believe it or not some women shave for themselves, and not for their men.

Now, to the OP. Shaving daily (or however often you shower) is helpful. Always shave with the grain, and not against. If your hair is currently rather long, I would suggest a cheap electric razor to trim it down. If you shave regularly in the shower with the grain, it won't take much time. After you shave, if you apply something like witch hazel (a mild antiseptic) and then a moisturizer (I like vitamin E oil mixed in Jojoba oil), you shouldn't have to worry about the itch or dry skin either.

Those creams are nasty Taos! And rosekitten is right, I groom how I want when I want for ME! Lol I like how it feels when I have sex if it's bare underneath, were not talking bald all over, jeebus! And in turn I like it when my bf shaves his balls but I wouldn't have a go at him if he didn't.
    I wouldn't recommend shaving everyday if u have thick coarse hair if it's finer maybe I would be a red mess if I attempted to do that.

I don't think we need u to stand up for us Taos we have our own voice. If a poster has asked about tips for personal grooming she's not necessarily doing it to please a man!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I have very thick, dark, hair, and I'm never a red mess. Something about doing it regularly, with a good razor, and with the grain, helps prevent all the bumps and trauma. For me, at least. It's just like your legs or armpits, eventually the skin gets used to it, and it becomes easier.

Blog Entries

Elanor-Jane, please don't engage in rude comments to other posters. Even if you disagree vehemently with someone, you should say so civilly.

How short I keep my pubic hair changes with my mood. I use an electric razor to keep the top "buzzed" short and often shave everything south of my clit. It's my experience that the area I shave is less sensitive and less likely to itch, burn, or come up bumpy. I don't know if it's because I have shaved it often, or if it's just that way naturally, but if I try to shave above my clit, it'll be a bumpy, itchy mess within hours.

If a man tried to tell me what to do with my body hair in real life, I'd show him the door. Long or short, I'm making my own choices about ALL my body hair, not just the strands below the belt.

Banned from WH Array

rosekitten,

If you have read my posts you'd find that that's what I've been writing all along. Women should mostly shave for themselves. Unless women neglect shaving altogether, men don't really pay that much attention to it.

Banned from WH Array

Elanor-Jane,

Shaving cream is actually very good for eliminating razor bumps. My girlfriend used to get bikini line razor bumps. She started using my Neutrogena for shaving and then applied it to her bikini. Voila, no bumps. She was amazed. She even passed along the advice to her teenage daughter. Elanor, try it once and see what happens. You have nothing to lose but your time. BTW, I only use Neutrogena shave cream. I do not know how this will work with bargain stuff.

Little, you are absolutely right. No man should TELL a woman how and when to shave. That's her business. If a man loves you or really cares for you, body hair will never be a deal breaker. I have no problem with a man ASKING his girlfriend to do something, but whether she agrees is up to her.

I have asked my old girlfriend to not shave her pubic hair because I do not like the little girl look. She thought that maybe I might like it when it was all the rage. She agreed to not do it, and I believe she was relieved that I did not want her to do it. However, she did keep it groomed and looking very appealing. But whether she did was up to her. But I think she didn't really want to do it.

I have never in my life ever told a woman to shave anything. If a woman missed shaving for a few days or maybe longer, it was never a deal breaker. I know how hectic life is, especially for working women with kids. The only hygiene area upon which I insist is showering when necessary. If a woman cannot find five minutes to jump in a shower once a day, I will not date her. And if she has had a sweaty day, I do expect her to jump in for a quick shower before a date. Women expect the same for men. Not shaving for days is not a deal breaker for me. Not showering is a deal breaker for me.

Anyway, I think many, many girls are going way overboard with shaving. Other than their heads, they expend tremendous energy trying to defy how God has created us. God put hair on us for a reason. I am good with the way God created us. And God created man to not want to be with a little girl. God created man to be with a woman, and an woman ought to look like a woman. But that's just my opinion. Others' mileage will vary.

Take care,

Taos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast