Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower back hair

Junior Member Array Rose_NOTRosie's Avatar

Default Lower back hair

I'm not sure if its something I should have looked at by a doctor, and have the necessary tests done to make sure its not hormonal or a sign of something else wrong with my body, but I have fine hair on my lower back. Its not noticeable really because in most lighting it appears to be blonde, or not even there at all, but i can feel it, and because i am obsessed about it now, I took a mirror into my backyard, examined it in different lighting, and in certain light, it was dark brown, although still fine. My mother is part Italian, so i figured it might just be genetics, even though she doesn't have this hair,(she is virtually hairless!) but i'm not so sure about the rest of her family because i don't see my mother's sisters often. I dont have thick hair on my legs, and my underarm hair and pubic hair is light brown and there's not alot of it, so I don't understand why i have this hair on my lower back. Is there a medical reason for hair to change color? WHY, WHY! does it look non-existent, then blonde, then dark in different lighting!? Isn't vellus hair totally un-pigmented?

And how do i remove this hair?- if its already blonde, whats the point of bleaching? On the other hand its the fact that it can appear dark that has me concerned.

I probably sound ridiculous, I'm supposed to be 20 years old and not stressing about such things, but if anyone has the same problem, or knows what i'm talking about, can help, it'd be much appreciated, i need some peace of mind. Thanks!

Junior Member Array

Question Omg I Know

Omg I Know Exactly What You Mean... I Feel Really Conciouse Of Mine Tho. And I Dont Know Wether Guys Get Creeped/Grossed Out By It Either??
    Please Help!

Junior Member Array

I registered just to say this.. I'm male and I see girls from time to time that have lower-back.. And trust me.. its not a pretty sight neither does any guy.. unless they have some kind of fetish for it.. It is really a turn-of.. And knowing that your Italian, you are probably gorgeous.. But that lower-back hair has to go. Wax it off, or NAIR

Junior Member Array

What about upper back hair ?

Junior Member Array

Unattractive.. Wax it off.. I'm a dude and I even do a full body wax twice a year

Junior Member Array

Another dude with an opinion... I find this an incredible turn on. I would just leave it be; most guys will be indifferent.

Junior Member Array

I haven't ever met a girl who didn't have lower back hair..you guys act like it's some uncommon thing...most of the time you can't even tell...

Junior Member Array

What do you do when you have hair all over your body?

Even on stomach... the hair is visible, it's not light.

But the hais are thinner so what would be the best hair removal method without it making you get bumps after rmeoving the hair there?

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Almost everyone has hair on their bodies. When I was in my youth I recall I was really bothered by the hair on my arms. I thought it was dark, heavy and very noticable. I kept my arms covered for a while, tried shaving it, waxied it a couple times and then I guess I moved on to worrying about something else.

When I look at my arms now I realize that there isn't that much hair and it's far less noticable than what I see on many other women! Surely you've heard that saying, What you focus on expands? That isn't always that it physically increases but that it becomes more prominate in your mind!

The males that posted on here gave two widely varying views, one who doesn't like his own body hair, finds it a turn off, while another thinks it's hot! On some other threads the men have repeatedly stated that they find women's over concern with body "flaws" annoying and/or baffling. Just as they don't 'see' dirt, they don't see most of the 'flaws' we women do. If it really bothers you try a home wax, over time waxing will reduce the growth and you may get to a point that you are ok with what is still there. But don't get too worked up over it, it you feel beautiful, you are. Do you really want the kind of man who will look at who you are and all the good in you and then recoil because you've got a bit of hair on your back? That would be a pretty shallow relationship!

Junior Member Array

Lol but it's noticeable that is why it is better to remove it but no idea what is the best way to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast