Forum:

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Facial Hair..

Junior Member Array

Default Facial Hair..

I just turned 25 and suddenly I have alot of facial hair...I always had a bit on my upper lip, but now it's on my cheeks, chin, neck! Very awkward I feel embarrased to wear my hair up as my 6 year old son says "mom your hairy"! It's pretty blonde and fine but what is the best way to remove it for good! I am so embarassed to go out in public! Can anything help...besides bleaching and creams...has anyone heard of Finally free hair removal? does anyone know if it really works?
    Last edited by Jazza; 09-25-2007 at 03:32 PM.

VIP Member Array

Post facial hair

What ever you don't shave it you will make it worse

Electrolisis or laser. this can be expensive as you have to go back for more treatment.Last time i had Electrolisis it cost me ?20 for 20 min and she had only done a small area on my face.

Waxing will keep hair away for up to six weeks and will eventually become softer.Has i'm under the doctors for Hormone imbalance they have given me a cream called VANIQA and if you read my Facial hair thread it will tell you more.

I asked little nephew for a hug he said no i might get a beard,

Can i ask you if you have had any blood test to see what maybe causing hair to grow?

Yorkielass

Junior Member Array

Default Hair Removal

Ive read in some books that , in adolscence age if u find more facial hair, it could be due to polysistic overy. It shows increase in male harmones and the symptoms are facial hair and strong hair growth in legs n arms etc. Polysistic overy can be diagnosed by an ultrasound during the periods

VIP Member Array

Post facial hair

I have had blood tests that say i haven't got polysitic ovaries i'm not making enough insulin and blood tests say that i'm not diabetic.

Yorkielass,

Junior Member Array

Default Laser!

Hi ladies !

I have the same problem. I couldnt stand the hair on my jaw line, chin and neck,, esp the neck ! I am doing laser treatment now,, ive done two and Im pretty happy with it. Just that it cost a lot and its time consuming. But I guess if we want to get it removed safetly and permenantly, this is wat we have to do..

Junior Member Array

No I never had a doctor check for blood tests...it's more like alot of long peach fuzz...but ALOT and very noticable! I hate it! Like my cheek hairs are like1 centameter long!
    I waxed my face but 2 days later it feels like sand paper, I cried for hours and im SO afraid that it might come back in thicker or more hair...I hope not! I checked into laser but I have heard alot of really bad things and it doesent really work on blonde hairs!, although mine are blond and dark as I am dark haired....how much facial hair is normal? I mean you see all these wemon around with no or next to no hair on there bodies...unfair! I even started growing fine dark hair all over my breasts...ewww
    My nose even got fuzzy, my forehead! I SO freaked out!
    IS waxing ok or is it going to make more hair grow? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Jazza; 09-25-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Junior Member Array

Default how to remove hair

Hi..I'm an Esthetician who has polysitic ovaries, and like everyone who suffers from this i to have facial hair and hair were it just shouldn't be. Working in this field i have tried everything, I've waxed..no good doesn't really get rid of the hair and leaves you with bumps and some in growns, Lazer makes it worse..because it is harmonal it won't work it causes more hair growth (learned that one the had way)..Now heres some good news!!!Electrolisis works, it kills the hair growth..but takes time and not a hole lot of money but enough. There is some pain but nothing you can't handle. What ever you do DON"T SHAVE!!

Junior Member Array

Default Laser

I have never done any blood test to check for mine. But i did have a little bit more than normal facial hair and around my neck. It bothered me and Im currently doing laser. IPL laser treatment. I have gone for 4 sessions it has reduced a lot.Especially around my jaw line. They say the finer the hair the longer it takes. My hair on the neck is still there but reduced. My doc told me its safe and permenent. I hope i dnt have any ovary problems. Pray for me. Some ppl are blessed with nice hairless skin, im pretty sure we are blessed in many other ways which other ppl arent. So cheer up ladies

Red face I know

I've have had hair growing since I was 9. mom my told me hairy leys are sexy. well guess what someone lied to her, in no way is it sexy. and the hair on my face is getting worst and I waxed it but I got a rasberry, ouch! I mite give it a try again. some thing must be done. I'm getting married soon and I don't want him to know how bad it is, so I'm going to try to take care of this soon. gald I'm not the only one.
    missy

Junior Member Array

Default Same boat

Im getting married soon too dear. But i told my fiance im going for laser, and he is super cool with it, tou ke keeps telling me i dnt need it. He just told me to do whatever that makes me happy. U shld open up to ur fiance too.. Im sure he will love u more for telling him this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast