Forum:

Thread: What do I want for My Birthday??

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array kygirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool What do I want for My Birthday??

So my SO and my friends and family keep asking what I want for my bday (it's in about 6 ish weeks or so)... I have NO idea... I mean, I need some furniture but I am making an IKEA trip in a couple weeks because I need before my birthday.

So any good books I might want to read, or CDs I should purchase, or gadgets I just can't live without??! What do I want for my birthday??

Let me know what cool things you have seen that you recently have purchased/want!!
    If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
    -Andy Rooney

It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward

Live your life and forget your age. --Norman Vincent Peale

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

Do you all live near one another? You could ask for a cook out? I prefer time with friends and family over 'stuff', but that's just me.
    I can't bring myself to actually tell someone what to buy me, I hate that about Christmas. hate, hate, hate it!
    What about the stuff you were going to do this summer? Could you get things for your golf lessons? A glove maybe? I can't remember the other things you were signing up for.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Register! | Rules/FAQ | Contact Mod

Blog Entries

Well I thought about golfing stuff, but I'll probably be taking those lessons next month and my birthday isn't until a couple days after the end of next month... also I think they'd probably just give me money rather than get it and knowing me, I'll just put it on bills I have to pay for the lessons soon if I am signing up so probably no on those...

I hate asking for stuff too... Especially because I don't want a lot of things and when I do, I usually buy a book or a CD or whatever when I'm out and thinking about it... The other things I want are pricey and **I** don't want to pay for them so I am not going to ask someone else to. I'd love to just hang out with everyone but we're all kind of spread out so then it becomes tedious on my part because my bday week ends up being a stressful week of trying to find time to spend with eveyone and driving all over and I'd rather relax Not to mention, then everyone tries to get me to eat crappy "because it's just this one time and it's your bday" but the problem is that by the time I do that 10 times in one week I feel miserable!

Which is why it's almost easier to think of a book or CD or something for the kitchen, etc... And most of my friend refuse to buy me gift cards.
    -Andy Rooney

It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.--Noel Coward

WH Moderator - JUNE 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH- Array KMonte85's Avatar

Do you have any favorite charities? Anything that you're passionate about? You could always ask that a donation be made in honor of your birthday to your (or the gift-giver's) favorite charity (although this usually only works if the charities are not religiously or politically affilated - stick to sick kids, animal shelters, etc..).

That's what I did for Christmas last year.. I get so much JUNK and knickknacking carp that I donate to charity anyway... so I just asked that anyone wanting to give me something should spend the money that would have gone towards a gift and make a donation to the local "animals in need" wildlife center. It was great - no junk for me to deal with and one of my favorite charities received so much needed monetary donations!
    Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

That is a great idea KM! I am running a 5K in October for Susan G. Komen/Breast Cancer Awareness. Maybe I can get them to donate on my site to help me reach my goal instead!

Thanks!
    -Andy Rooney

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+)MAY 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array pretzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl View Post
    That is a great idea KM! I am running a 5K in October for Susan G. Komen/Breast Cancer Awareness. Maybe I can get them to donate on my site to help me reach my goal instead!

Thanks!
    They should do that anyway.

How about bed and breakfast?
    There will always be boundries, but making love is so different, than having sex, let's face it. CW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pretzel View Post
    They should do that anyway.

How about bed and breakfast?
    I think that'd be nice if my SO was going to be here for he and I to do but not sure about with friends/family...That seems more romantic to me... He and I **might** do something like that... Just all up in the air and can't plan it till we know exact dates on his India trip.
    -Andy Rooney