Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexy Gym Clothes? Do you wear them?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Default Sexy Gym Clothes? Do you wear them?

At my new gym, an "upper class" type if you will, there are A LOT of very fit and lovely women. More so than any other gym I've been to. Talk to me about the sexy work out clothes thing that is going on. It's not that I don't think these women are sacrificing comfort or function but they would be just as well wearing a comfortable t-shirt and jogging shorts. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the heck out of it, but I'm wondering how much of how they dress is geared toward drawing attention to themselves. Super short tight shorts, skimpy tops, tight butt hugging pants, low cut tops. And then they act weird if you try to talk to them, look at them or even just say hi. It's like "come on, you KNOW you look good and all these guys are looking at you...why act stuck up about it"? Please explain to me what is going on here.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Several things. They work hard to get and keep their body's in shape and not so to they hide it. They enjoy knowing men are looking and admiring but they may be in a relationship or only interested if they think you really have something to offer. Higher end places, in affluent areas, you are likely to see a lot of trophy wives and gfs. In a manner of speaking their looks are their stock in trade and they feel they have to constantly keep at it to keep ahead of new and younger competition. I've seen women in this world in working out within a week or two of childbirth because they feel they Have to get back in shape ASAP.
    They cannot afford even a hint of infidelity or interest elsewhere.

Working out in baggy clothes can create a hazzard in some cases. If they are serious about working out they don't want cloth flapping around. I wear the stretch exercisewear with a built in athletic bra to work in as well as work out because it is just more comfortable. I do get more male attention dress that way but that's not why I'm wearing it.

They may just wear it because they feel sexy in it just for themselves. It's like wearing sexy undies even though no one will see them.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

WC you hit the needle on the head with your response. In my case, I wear sexy work out clothes to a gym in my building where 9 times out of 10 I'm the ONLY one in there... but it makes me feel good to see how my body looks in the mirror as I work out, it reminds me what I am huffing and puffing for. Girls do NOT like to get hit on at the gym... its the reason MANY women don't even want to go in the first place... I know guys see girls there and think , wow thats what I'm looking for ; a girl that takes care of her body -- but they are their to get their bodies, not to be picked up.

Girls whether in a relationshp or not, looking for a man or NOT, still usually like looking their best. Girls tend to dress for other girls more than men anyway... susie is wearing her cute yoga pants, she thinks her butt is so hot, I'll wear my hotpants and show her my legs are better... lol. seriously, girls are weird. Most guys know that its NEVER a good idea to approach a chick at a gym, most are leery of guys that do more than a glance and small smile, if they catch you staring they will think ur a creep.

On my facebook friends are always talking about 'the creepy guy' at the gym, and guys....you don't want to be him.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Totally agree...

I don't believe they are doing it for the men, this is where men get the wrong idea, it's all about them

It's about the woman.. She's at a gym, watched herself a tad overweight for instance, sloppy stomach, butt and all of a sudden, she's toning, so she wants to see that, feel that, after all that's what a gym is all about, getting toned, looking good, it's a chore to do weights, treadmill, but when you can feel sexy and see the results, it's exciting..

The last thing you want is men to view you as your doing it for them, hense the reaction of "do you mind?".. geez louise, I should be able to dress like this for me and feel great, a look is nice, but a come on, is like, what do you think that makes me loose?

It's an insult to them..

Having said that (edit), there are for sure, some women who are teases and do in-deed, do it for all the attention they can get...

Just pointing out that, it's not necessarily the case, if we talked to a person, that's the sure indication of whom they are, as we find out more about them...

CW
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 10-02-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array p3375's Avatar

Jrod:
    Agree with all the above and would like to add - working out takes mental focus, effort and intensity. Plus, many people have only a short window of time to work out before having to rush back to work, kids or whatever. Personally, when I hit the gym, I don't want to talk to anyone about anything 'cause that interupts my flow.
    Pat

I totally get what you all are saying. In fact, I expected these answers. BUT consider this. As a man, I am simply acknowledging and admiring the hard work you have and continue to put into keeping fit. Taking 1.5 seconds to return the smile and simply say hello will NOT prompt me to immediately assume you want to jump into bed with me. I'm a decent looking, friendly and fit guy myself. I sometimes get the smile and hello from women that I personally do NOT find attractive yet because I do not want to come across as an arrogant conceded prick, I smile and say hello back. And it's genuine. Look, I just don't think anyone should walk around the gym like they are all that. Getting ignored or the "fake courtesy smile" is just rude. Guys will think you are just a stuck up B. -I do understand your dilemma as a woman though, it's somewhat of a catch 22 because there Are guys out there that Will take it as a green light and be all over you. It's about eye contact for me. If you simply say hello and look away with a couple of seconds you're in the clear haha;-)

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But JRod the number of guys that go through your just say hello and look away approach are not all that common compared to the oogling drooling creeper men that use the gym as an excuse to troll around an check out women...when the women do not even want to be checked out.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

I suppose that is true ItsASecret. They ruin it for the rest of us. Ugh!

Banned from WH Array
    Blog Entries

Ha, when I go to the gym I wear sweat pants and an old top, you wouldn't like me

So what do you all think about guys that wear revealing gym clothes? I'm in pretty good shape, but I'd NEVER wear tight or short shorts. I like the look of a snug (not choking me) t-shirt or maybe a conservative sleeveless. Some guys were the tiny tanks with just slightly more material than a sports bra. Um, GAY in my opinion. (No offense if you're gay).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast