Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can being hit in the breast cause breast cancer ?

Default can being hit in the breast cause breast cancer ?

can female boxers get breast cancer from being hit in the breast ?

Banned from WH Array
    Blog Entries

No, but at the very least it should get the person that hit them some loose theeth and a black eye..

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No...why are you asking this question? Do you believe someone you know got hit and now has cancer?
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Banned from WH Array

It's hard to say...

Anytime you damage tissue and the areas surrounding it, you open the body up to a wide range of "risks" that it otherwise may not be exposed to.

Getting punched in the breast by someone wearing padded gloves, while wearing breast protection of some sort, probably won't lead to anything long term or our over protective federal government would be all over it.

Then again, women's boxing, as an example, probably hasn't been around long enough for any long term studies to have been done.

Does this mean, based on my logic and theory, that anytime you cut yourself or bruise your skin that you're going to get cancer? Of course not.

One thing I know, is that I am not an Oncologist and to the best of my knowledge have not met one in this forum as of yet.

So all you're really getting from me is my "never been to medical school" opinon.

Blog Entries

Anytime you damage tissue and the areas surrounding it, you open the body up to a wide range of "risks" that it otherwise may not be exposed to.
    Bruises and sore muscles maybe but unless they are punching an open wound with a glove laced with malignant cancerous cells there is going to be no cancer. More worry comes from punching people in the head to the point they are walking neurological damage victims waiting to happen-there are tons of reports on sports injuries including the effects of consistent concussions and loss of cognitive function over time.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Banned from WH Array

As I said, if there was really any concern, our overprotective government would be all over it.

why do a lot of people think being hit in the breast can cause cancer ? why do a lot of people think being hit in the testicles can cause cancer ? what is the truth ?

Blog Entries

why do a lot of people think being hit in the breast can cause cancer ? why do a lot of people think being hit in the testicles can cause cancer ? what is the truth ?
    Where are you hearing these statements? I do not think anyone is actually going to believe that being hit in the breast or testicle is going to cause cancer, a sore day or two sure but not cancer. These are unsubstantiated statements made likely by fear mongering individuals who think everything causes cancer when that is not at all the case. There is no truth in saying it.

July 2011 Poster of the Month Array kristalyn_04's Avatar

Nope, not true. I am in the martial arts, I have been hit in many places many times, including my breasts, and never developed anything that causes cancer. Same thing with the males I've sparred with, but they wear cups anyway. I don't know where you heard that, but it's a myth.
    How can you see where you're going if you spend your whole life looking over your shoulder? –Naughty Ninja

people in the media are always talking about cancer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast