Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Period after almost 2yrs of not having one???

Junior Member Array

Angry Period after almost 2yrs of not having one???

I haven't had my period in 1 1/2 to almost 2yrs. This morning I woke up and too my big suprise it started. I thought I was done. Can this possibly happen? Please someone help!

Junior Member Array OnAMission2009's Avatar

Well whether or not it can happen is not really the issue because for you, it has! You really need to see your OB/GYN about this. It may not be a period, but a symptom of something more serious. Don't wait either...even if it stops, still see someone. Better to be safe than sorry when you are talking about women's health.
    Kalyn
    Don't make a permanant decision in a temporary situation

Junior Member Array

Oh yeah it happens trust me. Going thru Menopause can last years before you stop for good. It was driving me so crazy that my Gyno gave me pills to speed it up. Sometimes though it may require a D&C I had to have one after not bleeding for I think it was 3 or 4 years, but it's no big deal. Go see your Doctor to check it out but don't panic.

Junior Member Array

I am so glad I joined this site because I just started after a year and all the websites immediately said """Cancer"""

Wink

Try not to worry it most likely isn't something serious but go see the doctor and get it checked out to put your mind at rest. Its more than likely an imbalance of hormones and yours haven't settled down yet. Its amazing the range and scope of weird things that happen to our bodies at this time of life. I think men must have a much easier time of it than we do.

Junior Member Array

Default hi new elainor

Quote Originally Posted by TammyJ View Post
    I haven't had my period in 1 1/2 to almost 2yrs. This morning I woke up and too my big suprise it started. I thought I was done. Can this possibly happen? Please someone help!
    hi tammy i have been having the same problem went to see my dr last wed and had my vaginal scan today and seeing the gyno tommorrow couldnt believe how quick i was reffered ,i have had a terrible weekend worrying will be relieved when i no the outcome tomorrow ,dont leave it see ur dr.
    Kachows likes this.

Junior Member Array

It happened to me as well... and not only once, but three times. I thought it was gone forever and came back for a couple of months after a year, when my daughter got married. The same thing happened again after 2 years and it was when my dad passed away. Now, I am retiring and just got it again. My doctor said it is sometimes normal when emotional phases take place. I ha tests made just to make sure. Anyway, go see your doc... it is important to know why it happens to you.

I like this site. I'm new, just entered today and I need some friends. How do I do that?
    Last edited by alight; 03-28-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Junior Member Array

So me too. Went to my doctor today. I turn 50 in August and after not having a period for one year ,Happy Birthday! I got it. My periods before not having one for one year were off and on, figured meno was starting. My doctor wants to do a biopsy to be safe. Now I worry and pray!

Junior Member Array

Same thing happened to me this month, haven't had a period in 11 months and wham. It was more like spotting, gone in 4 days, but now I have a lot of gas, discomfort (not pain) in my lower pelvis area. Wondering if this could be my hormones gone crazy. Having a transvaginal ultrasound next week, but worried as I have read this does not detect ovarian cancer. I also have IBS so wondering if this screw up in my menopause has caused a flare up. I'm sure the stress over it being something more serious is not helping. My GP is sending me to a GYN too just to follow up. Anyone else has stomach problems after getting a period so far from your last one.

Junior Member Array

Hi, I'm new, 49 and wondering about this also. I believe that I have had peri menopausal symptoms for about 4 yrs (I guess anxiety and lack of sleep can also mimic this-I was getting hot then cold for 10-30 mins at a time and skipping periods). I havent had a period since Feb 2010. I thought I was into full menopause until a week ago when it came back bright red. I have lower back aches and some cramping. After 6 days, the bleeding is still bright red and not showing any sign of letting up. I have used a tampon for a few days now and inside my vagina feels irritated and burns a bit, I can't decide what would be more unbearable: staining my clothing from blood spilling all over all day from just using a pad or the aggravating irritated feeling of a tampon lol. I guess I have to see the doctor about this but am I rushing things if it's only been 6 days? Should I wait until I've stopped bleeding? I'm not on any hormone replacements. Just me and my bleeding nether regions and stupid facial hair!!! :S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast