Forum:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I starting menopause?

Junior Member Array

Default Am I starting menopause?

Hi I am 45
    I was hoping someone could help me.
    I have a 29 day cycle,it's like clock work every month.
    This cycle is very off. 7 day before my period was due i had some very light pink and brown discharge. It only was a little and just the 1 day. I also had light cramps that 1 day. I thought my period was coming very early. It didn't.
    Now I am 5 days late. cramps like i am going to start my period, clear stringy discharge( like when you ovulate).
    could it be menopause? I have no symptoms of menopause.

Any thoughts?

Junior Member Array

Smile I feel the same

Hi I am feeling the same at the moment I thought I was having a period and then nothing I am 40 don,t know if it,s the menopause or not are you sure your not pregnant it can happen

Senior Member Array JubesInquest's Avatar

Hello ladies

It sounds like it could be pre-menopause, or peri-menopause.
    I get the same thing just before my regular period.

Do you ladies also experience any other symptoms, such as the hot-flashes, night sweats, dizziness/lightheadedness or even heart palpitations?
    Last edited by JubesInquest; 07-02-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: correction

Junior Member Array

Question pre-menopausal...perimenopausal

What's the difference between premenopausal and perimenopausal??

Junior Member Array

Default Peri-Menopause??

I am having the night sweats, light headed, headaches, and irritability, but my cycles have not changed at all. I am 40 years old. Is this the start of menopause? None of the other symptoms I have read about apply to me.
    I excercise regularly but have noticed I cannot lose any weight and have actually gained a few pounds in recent months even after I changed my eating habits.

Senior Member Array JubesInquest's Avatar

Banker,
    they're the same thing. Just one is the "technical" terminology.

Shell,

sounds like you've entered the wonderful, wacky world of menopause!
    For your hotflashes, I hear soy is good for that.
    I've changed from 2% milk to soy milk, only because regular milk now bothers my stomach and it's better for you. I love milk!

I'm getting used to the taste of it; at this point, I'm not crazy about it, but it's ok in my cereal.
    Quitters never win; Winners don't give in

Junior Member Array

Default peri-menopause?

Thank you, Jubes
    I did make an appointment to discuss this with my doctor. The flashes were not too bad last night and I feel a little better today. I am due to start my cycle (which I can usually set my clock by) in 2 days. We'll see if it is normal. I'll also update you on what the doctor says when I go in August.

Junior Member Array

Hi Shelley 67 my name is Janice, I too am exercising and not able to lose weight and I also feel bloated alot especially just prior and during my period. Iam 49 and have had no other symptoms e.g. hot flushes etc.

Junior Member Array

OK, I am now late for my period which has not happened since my last pregnancy 12 1/2 years ago. It is totally impossible that I am pregnant since I have not been with anyone in a year. I'll let you know what the doctor says on the 13th

Junior Member Array

Default Same thing happened....

Quote Originally Posted by cjjtsmom View Post
    Hi I am 45
    I was hoping someone could help me.
    I have a 29 day cycle,it's like clock work every month.
    This cycle is very off. 7 day before my period was due i had some very light pink and brown discharge. It only was a little and just the 1 day. I also had light cramps that 1 day. I thought my period was coming very early. It didn't.
    Now I am 5 days late. cramps like i am going to start my period, clear stringy discharge( like when you ovulate).
    could it be menopause? I have no symptoms of menopause.

Any thoughts?
    First thanks for your posting! I am 48 and never had a hot flash, and always had regular periods like clock work too.
    BUT two months ago, I had a couple of "light days" if you will. Some tiny cramping--kept thinking it would go into a full blown period. It didn't though-just had a few tiny light days.
    OK so I thought I was "done".
    WELL two weeks later, I made up for lost time! AND THE FATIGUE that comes with it. Horrible.
    Now I have a question. Anyone out there having insomnia as a result of peri-meno?
    I used to sleep like a baby till a couple years back. EVERY night I find myself falling asleep easily, then about 2 hours later I am awake for an hour then go back. ANNOYING! Haven't had a straight nights sleep for quite awhile. My husband wants to go to bed early and I am NOT ready for sleep. Then he thinks I am avoiding him. HELP!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast