Forum:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does i-cool for menopause really work?

Junior Member Array

To Grammaee,
    Even though geniVidaŽ genistein, i-cool's active ingredient, is non-soy derived, we recognize the discussions that have taken place concerning the use of soy and soy isoflavones by women who have had estrogen-dependent breast cancer. The makers of i-cool recommend that patients speak with their doctor if they have had an estrogen-dependent cancer.

FYI, geniVida is a synthetic version of natural, soy-derived genistein. The chemistry of the two molecules is identical. Having it non-soy allows us to have consistent quality control, rather than relying on nature, and to have a safe product for those individuals with soy allergies.

To those women looking for i-cool, I am pleased that i-cool will be available in a few months in Walmart, CVS and other retailers. I'll keep you posted as new distribution of the product occurs. Until then, it's available in Walgreens, Rite Aid, Vitamin Shoppe and some websites.

Junior Member Array

When is the best time of the day to take i-cool? Should it be taken with food/water?

Junior Member Array delilahrenee's Avatar

I-Cool is the only thing I have found that absolutely does work; at least it works for me. Hysterectomy 20 years ago. Started HRT immediately and was on it until about two years ago at which time the hot flashes hit with a vengeance. Doctor took me off the HRT and frowned upon herbal remedies. Told her sorry but I have to do something. Black cohosh didn't work, Evening Primrose didn't work. Recently saw the magazine ad for I-Cool, found it at CVS and bought the only two that were on the shelf. It has worked like a charm. The hot flashes haven't disappeared, but they are few and far between and shorter in duration and much less intense. Now I have to find it somewhere else, because CVS checked and they cannot reorder as it was a promotion.... Don't know how it will work for anyone else, but it is a Godsend for me.

Junior Member Array delilahrenee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Rae View Post
    The only reason I joined this site was to post this about icool:

I saw the ad... very convincing! I did the research, also very convincing except for one side effect; gastrointestonal problems.

I bought the product anyway and used it for 15 days. After 10 days I started feeling quesy and had severe belching and gas. By day 13 I felt really bad... my stomach was not happy! By day 15 I remembered the research I did and the side effect, so I stopped taking the product.

Not only did it NOT help with my hot flashes but I experienced severe stomach issues. I believe this product plays into the terrible discomfort women everywhere are experiencing with hot flashes and the list of other menopausal symptoms posted in the ad. Save yourself the money and the healthy issues.

If I didn't have such a bad reaction to this product I would not have joined this site and published here. I hope it helps someone who is using this product, or prevents someone from trying it. In my opinion, it's bunk and I am extremely disappointed, not to mention my poor stomach that now has to recover!
    I'm sorry it doesn't work for you, but it is a Godsend for me. I have had minimal hot flashes, fewer hot flashes and no adverse side effects. I'm hooked. Someone else posted that since it is a new product it is slowly being introduced to stores but that in a few weeks it should be available in most drug stores.

Junior Member Array

To 68Mustang (I once owned a 66 blue Mustang convertible with a white top,

In the i-cool clinical study, the participants took the one tablet in the morning. Would it work better if you took in the evening? Good question.

As for taking it with food and/or water, as we know, it doesn't matter. Good question for those taking i-cool.

Junior Member Array

Unhappy Marian

I bought I-Cool when I heard about it on the radio and then found coupon in newspaper.

I was so excited to get rid of hot flashes but sadly I was one of the few people that got sick.

I had severe adominal pain similar to like a stomach virus. I had the urge to vomit all day.

I am so disappointed.

I just wanted to inform other people of what happened to me.

I-Cool causes stomach pain, nausea, and dizziness.

(I stumbled on this site while researching side effects of I-Cool. I only wish I did this first before buying product. I wasted $20 and the product made me so sick.)

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It sounds like, as is the case with so many products and drugs, that this works great for some people and not for others.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Junior Member Array

There are natural remedies that work for menopause, I was a basket case waking up twice every night and my PJ's were soaked, 215-20 hot flashes a day and then the vaginal dryness set in that if I even tried to have sex it hurt. I got some relief from red clover not much else worked but I finally tried Nutrafem that a friend recommended. It has a published clinical trial in the North American Menpopause society journal 2011 and amen, I sleep through the night, have a hot flash every other month and my husband is smiling..so am I..

Junior Member Array

Default It does

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineE View Post
    Is anyone using i-cool? I've seen thier ads in the newspaper and it sounds interesting. They say it is proven to reduce hot flashes.

Can anyone confirm that i-cool really works?

Thanks
    after the 3rd week, I started to notice a drop in hot flashes. at the 4th week, I no longer needed to bring ice packs to bed with me.

however, symptoms have started to return with my second month using i-cool. I plan to contact the company to find out if this is usual or perhaps I got a "dud" box. I hope it's the latter, as this product really made a difference and I felt better than I had for the last 15 months. And I've had none of the intestinal issues that some have reported.

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I plan to contact the company to find out if this is usual or perhaps I got a "dud" box. I hope it's the latter, as this product really made a difference and I felt better than I had for the last 15 months. And I've had none of the intestinal issues that some have reported.
    You can contact, they are likely going to say "side effects will vary" because that covers essentially anything that can be asked by any person. But the chances of you getting a 'dud' box are slim, what you more likely were experiencing is a thing called the placebo effect. You take something that says "will make you feel better", and magically you do but really the product itself is doing nothing (because usually it is simply sugar and nothing much more) and it is all an accumulation of the mind thinking it has cured itself. You can buy a new box altogether and see if the same result happens.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast