Forum:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry vagina --- Painful sex

Junior Member Array

Thank you so much, Blissful, for your input. I have my annual physical in October and will mention Vagifem to my doctor. Hopefully he will be willing to have me try something like that. It's my decision, right? I really appreciate your help.

Junior Member Array

hey, as i know taking natural herbs and supplements like Dong Quai, Astragalus, Chaste Tree and Soy Isoflavones are good for you to relieve from Vaginal Dryness.
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 08-27-2008 at 03:20 AM. Reason: advertising not allowed

It's been a while since you made this post but I could have written this post myself. I had the exact situation you posted about. I went to the GYN recently who told me that because of the lack of estrogen in my body that the walls of my vagina and the walls of my urethra were paper thin. That relations would actually make tiny tears in the walls and cause great pain and bleeding. Lubricants do not help with this.

She put me on Premarin which I couldn't take as my body didn't accept this medication and actually gave me more problems. Now I take Estrace and this seems to be the ticket. For the first time in a year I feel like a normal woman. I can't stress enough for you to go to the GYN yourself.
    Doxielvr aka Anita
    Happily Married 26 years, Child of God over 30 years
    Mother of two grown children
    Soon to be a Grandmother in April for the first time!
    Former bulimic and successful reversal of this horrible disease with Atkins for 5 years.

VIP Member Array

Ok I had trouble with a dry vagina for 4 years and have totally and naturally reversed the situation. I too had paper thin walls and bleed even the pressure of a bowel motion would start it off let alone sex. After about ten visits to doctors I found a wonderful female gyn that has changed my life.
    1 she would not give ANY form of replacement, not even estrogen cream.
    What she gave me was a candle and told me insert it as often as I could ( before getting dressed in the morning, after toilet etc)
    Said to use the vagina was the best thing in the long run.
    2 Told me NEVER to let my husband enter me without me having a climax first. This was to make sure I was enlarged and wet.
    3 Always to use lube.
    4 When having oral to make sure hubby added to my wetness not licked it away!!!
    5 To use daily vaginal moisture creams ( I use a soy one)
    To watch my diet and eat plenty of linseed, soy etc.
    6 To "pleasure" myself as often as I could to keep up the moisture.
    7 To try ( and it was VERY painful) to have sex at least 3 times a week all that was to make the walls strong and supple again.
    8 Pelvic floor exercises every single day.
    The result it all worked, I have to use moisture every day but who cares about that.
    But be warned there are side effects, at 46 I now find I enjoy sex, my hubby is very happy.
    There an end to your problem if I could reverse it so can you, it took about 4 months.
    Good luck

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by marycate View Post
    Ok I had trouble with a dry vagina for 4 years and have totally and naturally reversed the situation. I too had paper thin walls and bleed even the pressure of a bowel motion would start it off let alone sex. After about ten visits to doctors I found a wonderful female gyn that has changed my life.
    1 she would not give ANY form of replacement, not even estrogen cream.
    What she gave me was a candle and told me insert it as often as I could ( before getting dressed in the morning, after toilet etc)
    Said to use the vagina was the best thing in the long run.
    2 Told me NEVER to let my husband enter me without me having a climax first. This was to make sure I was enlarged and wet.
    3 Always to use lube.
    4 When having oral to make sure hubby added to my wetness not licked it away!!!
    5 To use daily vaginal moisture creams ( I use a soy one)
    To watch my diet and eat plenty of linseed, soy etc.
    6 To "pleasure" myself as often as I could to keep up the moisture.
    7 To try ( and it was VERY painful) to have sex at least 3 times a week all that was to make the walls strong and supple again.
    8 Pelvic floor exercises every single day.
    The result it all worked, I have to use moisture every day but who cares about that.
    But be warned there are side effects, at 46 I now find I enjoy sex, my hubby is very happy.
    There an end to your problem if I could reverse it so can you, it took about 4 months.
    Good luck
    Hello,
    I Can't say as this would help me. I could never "pleasure myself" due to my religious convictions nor would I permit oral sex for the same reason.

So I opted for prescription medication. I am using Estring. I am also finding that I must avoid tub baths as the water and soap seem to leach out what moisture I have left.

I am applying vitamin E on my external area and I am starting to feel better. I hope.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Phoebee's Avatar

Google Bio Indentical Hormones and Compounding Pharmacy. These are (We think) real "human" female hormones. And btw for sex drive you may want to explore using a tiny amount of Testosterone. Women need this in small amounts for sex drive.

For lubrication problems I use a vaginal bio identical hormone cream once a week. I use another one daily for the first three weeks of the month. I feel 1000 times better and its not just the Hot Flashes and lubrication. No more anxiety or mental fog!
    "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebee View Post
    Google Bio Indentical Hormones and Compounding Pharmacy. These are (We think) real "human" female hormones. And btw for sex drive you may want to explore using a tiny amount of Testosterone. Women need this in small amounts for sex drive.

For lubrication problems I use a vaginal bio identical hormone cream once a week. I use another one daily for the first three weeks of the month. I feel 1000 times better and its not just the Hot Flashes and lubrication. No more anxiety or mental fog!
    I asked about bio identical hormones my doctor doesn't want me taking any hormones by mouth. I do not have hot flashes. No mental fog or anxiety either. If it were not for the atrophy and not having monthlies I wouldn't even know I went through the change.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Phoebee's Avatar

The bioidenticals I use are both creams. One you rub on the skin. Arms, behind the legs etc. The other is a vaginal cream.
    "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." ~ Janis Joplin

Quote Originally Posted by Doxielvr View Post
    Hello,
    I Can't say as this would help me. I could never "pleasure myself" due to my religious convictions nor would I permit oral sex for the same reason.

So I opted for prescription medication. I am using Estring. I am also finding that I must avoid tub baths as the water and soap seem to leach out what moisture I have left.

I am applying vitamin E on my external area and I am starting to feel better. I hope.
    I am curious, I use the estring and my doc says that I do not need opposing hormones (progestrin) with it---however a friend of mine who sees a diff doc & has almost identical health history, was told that it was very important to use progestrin with it. So I am confused..... do you have any insite to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebee View Post
    The bioidenticals I use are both creams. One you rub on the skin. Arms, behind the legs etc. The other is a vaginal cream.
    Does your doctor need to prescribe these hormones? Or can you purchase them online? Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast