Forum:

Thread: I am 43 years old

Junior Member Array

Default I am 43 years old

Just turned 43 in June, and I realize with alot of stuff that I have read menopause can hit you at anytime.

I have always been regular with my periods so far but this month I am a couple of days late. I realize that a couple is no big deal, I wouldnt even think anything about anything, but my nipples are sore. So I am thinking what the is going on!!!! I have notice that they have been sensitive now for almost a week.

I am probably over reacting, and I guess I could just go get a test to be sure. My youngest is 10 1/2.

This is probably really crazy thinking on my part.

I guess what I am asking is: Is that one of the symptoms? I have been very irritable and I do feel like I am going to start any minute.

I didnt even introduce myself, I am married with three kids, the oldest is going into her second year of college (19 girl), I have a 15 year old son and a 10 year old daughter.

Junior Member Array

Smile Menopause symptoms

I would definitely see a doctor but it could be menopausal because I had something like that and the doctor said it was peri-menopause. What I had would come and go but everybody is different. They can give you a test to check your fsh levels and they'll tell you if you are just beginning peri-menopause. Honestly, I was scared when I had those strange sensations on my chest because at the time I was 37 and I thought I was pregnant.