Forum:

Thread: Black/Brown discharge.. Am I pregnant?

Junior Member Array

Default Black/Brown discharge.. Am I pregnant?

First off, hello. I'm new to the boards, so hopefully I'll get a fairly quick response because my life is crashing down around me currently.

I'm 17 years old, and in December I lost my virginity. My boyfriend and I have had sex without a condom, several times. I've taken the morning after pill twice, at times where I thought I was pregnant. I think we started in December, so I got my period in January.

I'm due to have my period right now, I felt it coming because I was moody, and crying over nothing (etc, you all know). But, instead of blood (and I usually bleed pretty heavy) I've had this brown/black discharge.

Now, I've had discharge before, but it gradually turned into a period, or it was after my period. However, I've had this for 3 days now. And its strange, it occasionally turns red and is a bit 'grainy'.

I've been doing my research, and it sounds like I'm pregnant. Please, someone, prove me wrong?

Junior Member Array

Oh, and usually when I have my period I have intense cramps (to the point where I can't get out of bed) and migraines, and what not. I've felt nothing these past few days.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, sex can change things...

What you felt, experienced before may not be the case, as you are in a different mode.

You got them in Jan, you may be late, now as you are having sexual interactions.

I think most times, nothing happens, other than "red spotting"..

I dont think that the morning pill is your answer, seriously, your talking about a young life, so , find other solutions, be responsible, dont rely on morning after pills, you would have to worry each time, which doesn't make your life happy does it?

Why not go on the pill?

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

Believe me, this is not who I am. I'm very responsible, I never intended on having sex before I was capable of handling the consequences. I was desperate, and I had to do it.

My Mum won't let me on the pill, and although here in Amsterdam the government provides you with the pill without parental consent, I'm not sure how to get it.
    Its definitely been something I've been considering.

So that is a 'no youre not pregnant' ? Sorry, I'm stressing and am confused and what not.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We wish to give you the "magical words" but it's not our answer, this is not something anyone can answer.

I personally don't think you are, cause generally, it's spotting "red" or nothing...

Your Mother can't control your life, unless she is prepared to have her grandchild 24/7, she is really saying, don't have sex... She is "blackmailing you" yes?

Google your question, it will appear../.

Parents mean well, truly but look where your at?

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

I'm somewhat confused regarding what you are doing for protection. Are you using the "morning after" pill or the "abortion" pill. Here in the US, the "morning after" pill is just that - it only works before actual pregnancy, by preventing the egg from becoming fertilized. It will not terminate an actual pregnancy, although you say that you've taken the "morning after" pill when you thought you were pregnant. If this is the case, you do need to be aware of the proper way to use it, if you are relying on the "morning after" pill. However, it's important for you to go ahead and look into ways to get on more reliable birth control, or at least have him use condoms and if there is a problem (like the condom breaking), then use the morning after pill immediately to prevent pregnancy.

I suspect that what you are now experiencing is due to stress. But it's difficult to say without a test.

Junior Member Array
    Blog Entries

Post Hi

umm you possibly could be pregnant. I have had 3 pregnancies and one live birth and I had periods with 2 of my pregnancies. and my last one I had brownish spotting for 6 days and it was just the placenta trying to plant it's self into the uterine wall. so all I can say is that you need to go get a test done to verify whether you are or not to relieve the stress it is causing you because if you are stress is very harmful to the baby. so good luck to you and hope you find out soon