Forum:

Thread: period wont stop!!

Junior Member Array

Question period wont stop!!

I posted this in the menapause thread, but I havent had any replies. So I thought Id try here. I thought I was going through menopause, I had all the symptoms. My last period was about 7 months ago. until 2 1/2 weeks ago now it wont stop. Is this a normal thing?? Has anyone ever had this? Please reply

Me too, its now day 18 on this never ending cycle. I guess its menopause as I am at that age for it never the less its very worrying when the blasted thing won't stop. I have purchased numerous teas and herbal remedies but so far its no help. This is the first time this has ever happened usually I'm very regular. I hope by now yours has ended. I told my husband I think I'll have a party when mine does

Junior Member Array

Hi ... another menopause person here..i think... period stopped for 3 months came back for 2 ..then left for 3 more... then came back with a vengance... I am starting to get really warm alot... sweaty at night... nothing horrible yet.. so heres hoping
    Jane

Default i can definaltely add advice on this one

One year after I had my son, I had a similar incident. My cycle started normally but the seven days didnt go as expected. day three i noticed that i was going through a large pack of pad SUPER AND LONG with wings. yes im old fashioned because my cycle insnt simple like some peoples'. i was using tampons, but they had to be changed almost two times per hour. i was constantly running to the bathroom almost every twenty minutes because i had that feeling that i need to freshen up. twenty minutes is actually over exaggerating. i had to sit on the toilet for up to thirty minutes every two hours because the flow was too extreme. normal cramping but nonstop flow. i was getting soo weak from being stuck in the bathroom and not even able to eat because there was no break. finally i sucked up my pride, jumped in the shower and put on one of my son's diapers because that was the next largest thing to a super size pad. i wobbled like a woman in labor to the car and to the emergency room. it was embarrassing to explain whats happening in front of 50 people being nosy, but i did. they did a quick pap smear to make sure nothing else went wrong besides my cycle. they concluded that i needed a hormone shot to stop my cycle. they gave me the shot and the next day my cycle ended.

Banned from WH Array Mrs Doodles's Avatar

Have you been to your doctor about this??

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya know, you'd think approaching menopause, that your periods would get lighter and further apart, until they just stop. NOT. The often do get heavier and closer and longer. My doc said my problem was stress (and I'd had a lot of it) but I expereinced this. A ultrasound showed that my uterus was simply full, the endometrium (the lining) wasn't shedding fully during my periods and eventually got to point that I was bleeding constantly.
    They tried some drugs premavarin or some such thing. That made me weepy and hyper emotional. I told her I wasn't willing to live like that. So I had a D&C and ablation. It was a great choice. No more bleeding, no more periods, I feel great, active, sexy, no problems. Two of my sisters have had this procedure too, successfully. We are all women who avoid drugs and are into natural healing, this was the best option for each of us.

the same thing happened to my mother. she had to have a minor surgery done. in the surgery, they took a laser and burned the lining of her uterus to prevent the constant episode of bleeding from ever occuring again. she was approaching 40 when this happened.

Junior Member Array

Hiu guys

i had the same problem last year i bled constantly for 8 months. i went to the doctors all the time to kept being tolds to try different things, this did not work.

After 7 months i had x rays ultrasounds and eventually passed on to see a gynocologist who investigated further into the problem, the results came back abnormal and they thought i had a tear on my cervix, so i was then passed to have a colopscopy, i got the results on the same day and all along i had an ulcer on my wall. i made this worse by using tampons so if u are experiancing constant bleeds get this checked out i know how u all feel .

Good luck

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Kallygirlie's Avatar

hey ladies. I know how you are feeling. i'm no where near menopause. Im 25 yrs old. As of today, I am on day 9 of not bleeding. That comes after over 95 days of none stop bleeding. At some points it was so heavy that i was wearing both a tampon and pad together. One day I went to the beach and had to show fully clothed because I leaked so bad. I was sooooo weak. At first they said it was stress and weight gain. After another month went by they put me on a hormone that stopped it. After i ended the med i began bleeding for another 8 days. Basically the lining of my uterus was built up and was not shedding properly. this med released the build up and the 8 days of bleeding after was my body riding itself of the remander. Like I said, Im 9 days with no period so Im happy. this may even be to much info but last night I actually had sex for the first time in 3 months and I didn't have to run to the shower and hunch over in pain.

Junior Member Array

Smile

Hi Im writing as Ive had a simular experience as my period started and wouldnt stop, with clotting and heavy bleeding it was like my body was going all crazy, just when I thought it was stopping it was actually starting again and not slowing down at all, it got to the point to where I was so over have constant bleeding and having my hormones all over the place and me as an emotional wreck, well not really but felt like it. I went to the doctors who gave the the shock of my life after explaning to him he suggested i get a hysterectomy, OMG I just wanted to cry, my man was in horror, I never heard anything else after the doctor said the "H" word, he was explaining to me why i was still bleeding and after being prescribed the injection which didnt work actually made things worse and the pill to control my periods he said my body wasn't responding anymore, well i didnt stop there I thought if Im going to be told I needed a hysterectomy it will be from a speciallist at least, I havent gone yet my appt not till another 3 weeks in the meantime I have to put up with the bleeding has anyone had a similar situation Id love to hear what you done cheers