Forum:

Thread: Period and an UTI?!

Junior Member Array

Exclamation Period and an UTI?!

Alright I've never had this problem before but lately every single time I've had my period it also feels like I have an UTI. I absolutely hate it and never experienced this before. I've had a lot of UTI's and are very prone to them. I get my period and it feels like I've also got a UTI with it but than once my period is done the UTI seems to go away to. I don't know what to do. My gyno is horrible and I've been meaning to switch but just haven't had the reason to yet since I just had a check-up. I already hate having my period (who doesn't) and having an UTI just makes it feel 100 times worse and it makes me feel like I have to just be inside for however long it lasts. I'm worried that something is wrong but at the same time I'm very afraid to go to the doctors because I always get the "run around" when it comes to my UTI's.

Also I'm constantly drinking water and 100% cranberry juice. I've had so much water today I feel like I'm going to burst.

Drinking a lot of water is good. So is cranberry juice-but there's obviously something wrong. I've had a UTI during a period once but I can honestly tell you- it was the WORST experience in my entire life and I will NEVER forget it. But my doc gave me some pills that cured it and thank God it hasn't happened since. You definitely need to switch gynos!