Forum:

Thread: On my period 28 days straight! Help!

Junior Member Array

Angry On my period 28 days straight! Help!

26 yrs old and during my last period started 27 days ago I visited a Dr. regarding a flu when he asked me about birth control whether i was on anything, I advised him I wasnt as from past experiences it gives me severe heartburn no matter what time of day I take it. He advised me he would try me on a low dose of Alesse. So I got my prescription and the pharmacist told me to start taking it that sunday as I had started my period the wednesday prior, I took the pills and several days passed but I wouldnt stop bleeding..went on everyday and would not stop. Im now done my pills and not sure when I should start my new pack or if I even should as I am supposed to start the sunday following my start and well I never stopped since my last one so how do I gauge it? I dislike birth control but was assured this would slow my flow and reduce my SEVERE cramps but it hasnt done anything positive still dying in pain still heavy as ever but now im on it for a month straight! Can anyone give me some advice? ..Thanks

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Tina Lee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You've had your periods for a month straight?

I've never been on Alesse, so I can't help with that I'm afraid.

But I would say to do 2 things:
    --Make sure you're getting enough iron. If you've had your period for a month straight, you don't want to have anemia
    --I would also call your doctor as a safety precaution.
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Kallygirlie's Avatar

Hey there. I've never been on Alesse but I do understand how you feel. This time last week I was on day 80+ of a none stop flow. Of course I'm not sure if yours has something to do with Alesse but I can tell you one thing that helped me was alot of water and vitamins. I was very run down. Falling asleep at work and all that fun stuff. My doctor actually said prenatal vitamins are the best for this cause of the Iron and up'd dose of folic acid. Also a diet changed helped mine to. I now eat alot of fruit and veggies. Way more then I did. Granted none of this stopped it but i surely slowed it down a little bit. Mine was extremely heavy. It officially stopped when my doctor gave me meds for it but just today I had more spotting (which she explained is normal with this med). I hope you find relief soon. I know around day 28 I was very worried and oh so tired of pads and tampons. Good luck

Junior Member Array

Ughhh yeah thanks for the advice I actually started a diet about 40 days ago and to be honest im eating super healthy since i started, I think i will have to go see my doc see what he has to say!