Forum:

Thread: I haven't gotten my period and Ive spotted for 1 day.... but i still have cramps!

Junior Member Array

Default I haven't gotten my period and Ive spotted for 1 day.... but i still have cramps!

I know there are questions like this all the time, so I tried to research it before coming here. I couldnt find what I needed.

I haven't had a chance to go to the doctors yet, but I did have an appointment on the 5th for a physical ( which i get ever 6 months )...

Its now the 11th.

On the 5th, I had to cancel my physical because i started spotting... and so I thought I was on my way to have my period.
    But then the spotting stopped....

And nothing has happend since. HOWEVER, i still get cramps as if Im going to get my period...But there is no bleeding, and I only spotted for one day.

Yes, I have thought about maybe im pregnant, and I could take a test... But I have no other signs of being pregnant ( sick...tired....soreness, ect)

Im 22, and i know that over the past couple years, my period gets shorter by a few days ( used to be 6-7 now its 4) and ONLY a couple times its been late, which wasn't recent by all means.

I know im gonna get comments saying " take a pregnancy test" or " go to your doctor"....Which i will most likely do both ( cant right now, cause im at work! )...

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced the same sort of thing i am...

Junior Member Array

Hi Schmuland,
    Well, I have experienced what you are saying and I was pregnant! The spotting I experienced was implantation bleeding and the cramping was from the changes in the uterus.. my sister is also one of the fortunate ones who only has a 4 day period and she also experienced spotting for one day when she found out she was pregnant. So, my best advice is take a pregnancy test and go from there. If it's negative I would wait another week and take another one.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.

Junior Member Array

Yay I'm not alone! The exact same thing is happening to me! I'm 22 years old and I'm on birth control. I thought I was getting my period (because the pill regulates mine, it's the same time every month), but nothing happened. I'm about 5 days late and have only spotted once. I started cramping thinking I was getting my period, but then the cramping and blood stopped. And like I said, I only spotted one time. I took a pregnancy test, but it came up negative right away. I'm going to wait another week and then take another one. Like you, I haven't experienced any symptoms, like breast tenderness or morning sickness. I'm tired, but I work a lot so I'm ruling that one out as just not getting enough sleep anyway. I hope things worked out for you! Let me know what happened and how you're feeling! I'd like to know if you're pregnant or not. Your situation sounds exactly like mine.

Junior Member Array

Default Spotting ..

I spotted this morning & thought "Thank god, i got my period" .. Checked my pad all day, & nothing. i thought i was on my period cause i was feeling, bloated, cramped, fatigued, & exhausted. I went to bed almost 3 hours before i normally do. all signs point to yes. I took a test about 2 or 3 hours ago (It's 7:39 pm now) & it came up right away that it was negative. i had my period about .. 2 weeks ago. i don't know what to do. my breasts have gotten bigger, but i'm thinking since i'm still young, maybe my body's just having a hormonal change? my cousin recommended i go to a clinic immediatly for the "morning after pill" that you can take up to 120 hours, but i feel it's too late for that. She's going through the same as well. I really would just like to know if anyone else is going through the same exact thing. I'm going to go to the clinic to find out, but i don't want to just freak out for nothing. Everyone seems to be saying, "Yes, you are" because i have the typical symptoms. =( someone write me back, a.s.a.p.

Junior Member Array

When you take a pregnancy test you should take it first thing in the morning. That is when your urine is the most concentrated and can pick it up the best. I agree...if you do a test and it comes up negative wait another week. A lot of times stress can cause your period to come late or not at all depending on your body and the stress. Also, it depends on what you're taking for birth control - a lot of them out there now almost completely eliminate your period all together or cause you to just spot. Again - that depends on your body as well. Not everybody works the same. Hope this helps a little!