Forum:

Thread: Non stop period

Junior Member Array

Default Non stop period

Hey all I'm 23 and I have a problem I have been on my period for the past 4 weeks. It's not heavy it's like spotting. I took a preg test which came out negative. I'm not having any pain but a little scared.

Junior Member Array

I know how you feel, I've had a 11 day period. I've been to the doctors today to get checked out and suggest you do the same. Are you stressed at the moment? That can affect your period.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Kallygirlie's Avatar

I was on my period for 95 days striaght from april to july. I went to the doctor and she finally got is to stop. if you've been going for 4 weeks, its time to make the appointment
    Krystal

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Katsaly's Avatar

Are you on any kind of birth control? There are a few than can cause this.

Junior Member Array

Hi guys. I'm 27 with 1 child. On birth control. I have been on my period now since September 1st, today is October 29. With this I have been bleeding heavy some days some days regular. I have already been to the emergency room due to having pain with the period, high blood pressure, high heart rate, & bad dizziness/light-headed. The told me it's probably stress after running tests & everything coming back normal & showing I'm anemic. I do not agree with this at all because I am not stressed. The gave me an IV & sent me on my way.

Now today my entire body has started to be sore & my pelvic area is swollen & I'm really naseous. My doctors are not taking me seriously & not trying to give me an appointment to be seen til mid November. Even when they know that I'm diabetic. I'm just at my wits end & don't know what to do anymore.

Any suggestions?

Junior Member Array

Check out to see if you have PCOS. Polycystic ovary syndrome. I bleed as much as 4-8 weeks. I myself need to back to the doctor. Periods between 3-8 days is bad blood. Blood after that days is good blood. DO you feel light headed? Maybe you should also get iron pillsas well, **********************But before ANYTHING CONTACT YOUR GYN ASAP.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kallygirlie View Post
    I was on my period for 95 days striaght from april to july. I went to the doctor and she finally got is to stop. if you've been going for 4 weeks, its time to make the appointment
    I agree....I just hate going to the gyn

Junior Member Array

Go on Abbott Labs synthroid...it will stop! Your other symptoms sound like side effect of the birth control pills. Have an ultrasound to rule out cancer or fibroids. 0.1% of fibroids are actual cancer...unless cancer runs in family or due to std. For the abnormal heavy bleeding - synthroid or higher dose birth control pills with estrogen (estradiol) should do it...remember progestin (progesterone) counteracts estradiol....

Junior Member Array

Hello, I'm 17, almost 18, and I have been having the same problem ever since I was 14. I have had similar symptoms and have been on different types of birth control and the constant bleeding still continues. I am currently on the 3 month shot birth control and I have had only 2 injections. For the first injection, I had to use birth control pills while the shot was still active, and my period still continued. Even though I'm on my second injection, I still continue on my period. I need something stronger, but I don't want the mirena.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

See a gyno. You can't just take something stronger or stack them together. There is a very limited range of hormone dosages approved for birth control. Beyond that could cause major health problems. Doctors have issues with the health problems of higher dose birth control methods by themselves. Even if you do cover it up without killing yourself the underlying cause is still there and may still be doing bad things. It could just be your hormones trying to sort things out as you get older but then again it could be tumors, infections, or cancer on the reproductive organs or various glands in your brain that control the hormones to those organs. Odd effect of endometriosis... PCOS... You need a doctor to investigate why it's happening and why birth control doesn't effect you. Throwing in a mirena IUD is not going to be "stronger" than a depo shot. It will be different but if no hormonal method is working that probably won't work either.