Forum:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short light period, and spotting

Junior Member Array

I noticed someone just commented on this old post... I am currently having a similar issue. my period was a week late and it was light and only 3 days long. 2 weeks later i had brown spotting... this isn't normal for me ???

Junior Member Array

Default just wondering!

hi i am 23 and am sexually active. Here's the thing. Last month me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and my period was one day late. Afterwards i starting craving for milk shakes. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. This month on the fifth and sixth we had unprotected sex. My period was two days late and its down now are at least it should be. I had been feeling bad for about one week now but only at night time. I finally started spotting on the 22nd with no cramps or anything. Im am usually very heavy on my second day but this time i wasn't. I haven't bleed since. I am just spotting every now and then which is unusual. I was wondering if this could be a sign of pregnancy.

Junior Member Array

Default 2 days..

Hey, I am a little concerned about my period this month. I started Tuesday evening and it was really light. Then on Thursday night it ended. My period is shorter than anyone I know. I also just got married in August, and haven't been on birth control for 3 years. Before I got married, we were still having sex. Actually, I was having sex with two people, and quit worrying about birth control because I haven't gotten pregnant. Now we are trying to conceive, and I thought we would just let nature play the role, but nothing has happened. Do you think I'm not fertitle because my periods only last 2 days and are very light? After the Holidays I am going to the doctor to discuss this subject because it is a concern since we have done absoutely nothing to protect ourselves from having a baby. Actually, we had sex on the "obulation" date that I calculated and still got no results. Do you think I'm not fertile because of my light periods?

Junior Member Array

Question Always short and light... but BC pills might be messing me up

My periods have always been short and light - 3-4 days and maybe it'll be regular one day... however since I have been taking birth control pills, weird things happen. I first started using them in april of 2007 and they were Ortho-Novum 7/7/7. About this time last year, I was lactating. I had never been pregnant and I wasn't pregnant at the time, but my lactate was like 23. The doctor changed my birth control to Yaz in February earlier this year, but now during the days when I'm supposed to have my period, I don't. About 2 days later, I have brown spotting. This last time I had to douche to get it all out. And it doesn't smell. Eventually it will all come out, but I end up ruining underwear. The fact that my periods aren't like clockwork doesn't help either. I'll have my period on the inactive pill one month, be a week late the next, be half a week early after that, and then i might not have my period for 1 1/2 to 2 pill cycles... Anyone have any idea what's going on with me?

Junior Member Array

I've had a very normal cycle ever since the birth of my 13 month old son. Every 22 days it comes and it is always heavy, and last 7 days. Around august I had to go off the Nuvaring because I kept getting yeast infections. I never went back on anything because my doctor and I were talking about the implone. Well my last due november 30th, it didn't come till December 13th, and it was light and only 4 days long. I've been very tired, sick, my head hurts all the time, and stomach feels very full not bloated but just full. could I be pregnant?

Junior Member Array

so i was reading all of these and i have come up with the idea that maybe all of you should go talk to your doctors.. i mean i completely understand wanting to look something up to see if its something you need to be worried about (thats how i found this ) but i dont think anyone on here can really answer anything for anyone.

Junior Member Array

Default 5 days late (no bleeding), now light pink spotting...

All signs point to yes... except the tests! Sore/heavy feeling bbs, mood swings, food aversions/constantly hungry, headaches, acne, slight fatigue, very light pink spotting. I have never been this late getting period, and never seen this color of discharge. I have an appointment thurs for urine test and exam, but so afraid the answer will be a resounding NEGATIVE.

Anyone have some insight here? I am a (hopefully) first time mom.

Junior Member Array

Hopefully this may help some of you who are having a bit of a pregnancy scare. Last year, my periods went from being fairly moderate (occasionally heavy) to being very light. My cycles are still five days long, I still have cramping - basically everything is the same except for the fact that they are now super light. I have been on tri-sprintec (generic ortho tri cyclene) for about four years now. So, you can imagine that once my period got light, I went through my own little scare (and still do from time to time), even though I'm on steady birth control and use secondary methods as well.

Here's what I believe has cased the change. When my cycle got lighter, my whole life did a 180. I lost my job right when it started happening, was unemployed for just over a month stressing about my job, and then once I found one, I moved in with my boyfriend and his two male roommates. The stress could have been a factor, plus moving, plus the fact that I went from living with two women (mom and sister) and one man (dad), to living with three men, no women. Estrogen levels went "skiwhompus". In addition, I have steadily been gaining quite a bit of weight from my desk job - this, of course, is not something I'm happy about, but I know that fluctuation in weight, especially weight gain, can affect one's cycle.

In conclusion, I'm a firm believer that there are many things that can lighten one's menstrual cycle, so head on out and take a pregnancy test, but don't make yourself sick over it if you truly think you're not pregnant. If I was pregnant, I would have had a baby by now! I have not been to the doctor since before my cycle lightened, but I have read that another item that can cause light menstrual cycles is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, so you may want to look into that - it's a medical condition, but the name is scarier than what it actually is (mostly causes weight gain, irregular cycles, acne, hair growth, etc.).

Hope this helps some of you out

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Old thread.

Stick to more current ones.

Closed.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12