Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacked out during menstrual cycle

Junior Member Array

Question Blacked out during menstrual cycle

I had really bad cramps, got sick, and blacked out 3 times during the beginning of my menstrual cycle. Does anyone know what causes this or has anyone experienced it

Senior Member Array

It could be a couple of things. When you were having your bad cramps, are breathing really hard or fast? Pain can cause us to do breath too hard/fast and basicly cause us to hyperventillate. When that happens, you can become very light headed and even black out. The more you breath hard/fast, the worse it will get. If you think that could be the problem, try keeping your breathing calm.

If that's not it, you could be losing too much blood during your period. If you are losing too much blood, that will also make you light headed and cause you to black out. If you think this might be the cause, then you should see your doctor as soon as possible. It could lead to serious problems.

Also, poor blood circulation can cause light headedness and blackouts. Again, see the doctor if it could be this.

kaylar

Default possible

You might be very anemic, and the loss of blood
    can cause extremely low blood pressure.
    It used to happen to me...I wound up taken
    Depo just NOT to have my period.

Junior Member Array

Default Unsure

I was breathing normally right before I blacked out and I took deep slow breaths during each time. And at the time I hadn't lost that much blood hardly any. This has happened to me once before about a year ago I only blacked out once and went to the doctor and she did blood work, tested me for all sorts of things including anemia and everything was fine. It?s just really weird and scary.

Junior Member Array

Default I've had the same experience

I have felt the same way as what you're describing. It's happened probably 5-10 times total, but more often recently than ever before, so I want to found out what is causing it and take care of it.

If you've found anything out, please contact me and let me know.

In high school, I was tested for anemia and diabetes after one episode, but the doctor said I had neither. Everyone assumes anemia, but I've heard anything from toxic shock syndrome to endometriosis.

Usually it's the first day of my period, and I feel some minor cramping. Then, my surroundings feel really distant and everything slowly gets fuzzy. Then, my arms and legs start to numb, and I eventually can't see ANYTHING and I pass out. Almost each time, I then wake up and the pain in my stomach is almost unbearable. I throw up and am constantly in the bathroom until the pain goes away.

Is that the same way you feel???

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Junior Member Array

Default passing out

I recently had the worst period ever! I too blacked out finally on the 5th day of heavy bleeding. It was early this past Sunday morning. Luckily I had my cell by the bed, managed to clean up a bit, got to bed and called 911. The paramedics came and took me to the hospital. During the wait to take me to the ambulance, I went unconscious. They thought I had a seizure. I woke up from what I thought was a vivid dream and started throwing up. They rushed me to the ER. I was given 5 units if blood. My count was 18 compared to the normal 36 to 40. I am home now and am on the Pill to stop the bleeding. I had a biopsy (more pain than I want to know ever again) and was told today I have uterine cancer. Surgery to follow soon. If all goes well, and the cancer has not spread, I will be period free at last. All I can say is do not wait til you pass out. If you do, call 911 or get to the ER now! You can die of blood loss or too lowered blood pressure. Have your blood count checked and take iron. I was told in food form, gentler on the tummy than pill form, getting enough iron is important to keep up blood count.

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynz View Post
    I have felt the same way as what you're describing. It's happened probably 5-10 times total, but more often recently than ever before, so I want to found out what is causing it and take care of it.

If you've found anything out, please contact me and let me know.

In high school, I was tested for anemia and diabetes after one episode, but the doctor said I had neither. Everyone assumes anemia, but I've heard anything from toxic shock syndrome to endometriosis.

Usually it's the first day of my period, and I feel some minor cramping. Then, my surroundings feel really distant and everything slowly gets fuzzy. Then, my arms and legs start to numb, and I eventually can't see ANYTHING and I pass out. Almost each time, I then wake up and the pain in my stomach is almost unbearable. I throw up and am constantly in the bathroom until the pain goes away.

Is that the same way you feel???

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
    Yes! Last something like that happened to me. [It's happened more than once but this time was the worst] I've always gotten dizzy spells for years and we thought it was anemia, the doctors said it wasn't, but strangely whenever I take iron pills it isn't as bad. So whenever I get my period I get dizzy easily. Well one day I forgot to take my iron because I was gonna be late to school and I was just concentrating on getting my clothes on 'n what not lol. I happened to be on my period too I think it was the first day. So it's all good - until gym class. Yep we had to run the mile. So after that was done I had absolute KILLER cramps. I was sitting by my friend and then her words just kinda got distant.. and my face felt cold and my breathing shallow and I felt like I was gonna puke. So she helped me to the teacher and I asked for a pass - she was kinda freaked cuz she didn't want me to puke on her. I stagger on to the front door [we were outside on the track] which felt like FOREVER I just wanted to crawl but I didn't wanna make some scene. I get to the door. It's locked. The pain is still bad and I just sit down and bang on the door almost crying finally somebody comes and I was a Freshman & I'd never been to the nurse so I was like "Where's the nurse?!?!" all frantic. They tell me and I make my way there and call my mom to bring me some Midol. While I'm waiting I sit on the couch bed like thing and for a bit my cramps feel much better - not for long, a bit after that it's like bricks slamming around inside me and I have to curl up and I'm still kinda outta it so I keep repeating over and over it hurts it hurts it hurts and she's like trying to calm me down but it kept getting worse until I was like yelling and screaming, then she notices that I'm pale and she's like ok now you're looking green and takes me blood pressure and I forget what it was but eventually it go down to 30 over something. That was when I just felt delirious like I had been like kicking my legs but then I was kinda outta energy the nurse was like kinda panicking too she was asking ME "should I call 911? should I call 911?" I'm like YEAHHH do it!!!!! lol. Before that she called the head RN chick and was asking me questions like if there was any chance I was pregnant - which there wasn't - finally my mom came with the midol, I took that, then came the RN and my blood pressure started going up after that, but school was almost over so they wheel chaired me into the car which was kind of exciting in my outta it state. So do any of you see little bright white lights **stars** I guess while this happens?

Junior Member Array

Im really scared
    I was on the toilet and i was having really bad pains in my stomach so i rested my head on the wall, the next thing i know im bashing my face against the shower. Now i have a big bruise on my head and lumps on my lip. Im at my dads and im too scared to tell anyone. Im hoping it wasnt anything serious but what if it is. what if its tss, im so scared.

N01
    Banned from WH Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine_x View Post
    Im really scared
    I was on the toilet and i was having really bad pains in my stomach so i rested my head on the wall, the next thing i know im bashing my face against the shower. Now i have a big bruise on my head and lumps on my lip. Im at my dads and im too scared to tell anyone. Im hoping it wasnt anything serious but what if it is. what if its tss, im so scared.
    Go see a Doctor! Let your dad know your feeling ill so he can take you to get checked out.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YES, please, if you were bashing your head against the tiles in the shower for no apart reason, it is nothing that you can afford to overlook...

You are obviously young and so you have to tell an adult figure, you sound like you don't want to talk to a "male"? Can you speak with your Mum, an Aunty? Someone needs to allow you to let go and speak, this is scary you can't go it alone, but nothing should be scary, it's scary cause you haven't told anyone or seen a Doctor, talk to someone and go and have a checkup...

CW
    Do we not realise that in order to find a soul
    It doesn't happen over night
    if truth were to be told.

Like everything in life that's hard to achieve
    you must believe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast