Forum:

Thread: How to make period finish quicker URGENT

Junior Member Array

Default How to make period finish quicker URGENT

i know you should always let your periods flow properly, but my wedding on Wednesday how can i make it finish by then anyway to make it faster....i started yesterday....please help mee.

Thanks in advance!

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

I don't think there's anything you can do. Hopefully by Wednesday it will be almost done.
    Sorry!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Register! | Rules/FAQ | Contact Mod

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with Sourpuss. It is frustrating but it's part of life. I can assure you millions of couples have dealt with the same thing and done just fine.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

If you are on birth control pills you can start the next pack now and it might shorten it to only a couple days. If not you can't do much. Even if you start pills now the hormones won't take over in time to shorten your period. Exercise might help a little. If you can do things to make the blood come out faster it may at least be lighter sooner.

Junior Member Array

Default hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Shamiala View Post
    i know you should always let your periods flow properly, but my wedding on Wednesday how can i make it finish by then anyway to make it faster....i started yesterday....please help mee.

Thanks in advance!
    or what can i do to make the blood come out faster, and many people say pads are best to use because it gets all the blood out better, but some say it doesnt

Junior Member Array

you can get a pill off your doctor, it will make you feel sick though and will only be delaying the ineviable....
    Life is like a box of chocolate's...

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

I don't think there is a way to do this without some kind of hormonal treatment from your doctor (don't take a friends pills or try any crazy ideas yourself). I don't think there is a way to 'make the blood come out faster'... the shed is at its pace for a reason from what I understand. If all bled out at once it would be too much for your body to handle.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

I've proven the opposite. If you do exercise or have sex a whole heck of a lot more blood can come out and for me the next day is usually lighter. Also proven by the fact if you take a birth control pill that doesn't work well enough and leaves the uterine lining weak anything that causes cramps or lots of abdominal muscle contractions can cause it to come loose and you end up bleeding. If you don't do those things it will continue to stay there. You are knocking it loose before it would otherwise be shed. I got the fun of experiencing that on lybrel and bleeding every time I had sex. There was a thread in another section about sex on your period doing that and shortening your period. Although my response was the loss of blood and pain all crammed in to one moment instead of being spread out was not worth it. Whether it works well enough to help in this situation probably depends on the person so no one can say.

Hormones won't work at this point unless you are already on them. They take several days and sometimes even months to completely take over from your body's natural hormones. It won't be soon enough to stop someone's period once it's started unless you used a much higher dose of hormones which has it's own problems. It can work if you are already on them because your body is already relying on the hormones from the pill and you are bleeding because of a withdrawal from those hormones not because your body did anything. Normally the cycle of eggs maturing and releasing controls these things but that doesn't happen while on hormonal birth control. That process gets stopped so the only thing controlling your bleeding is the birth control.