Forum:

Thread: Extremely Irregular Period: 41, 57, 28, 36, 47 days apart

Junior Member Array

Default Extremely Irregular Period: 41, 57, 28, 36, 47 days apart

Extremely Irregular Period: 41, 57, 28, 36, 47 days apart

As you can see for the last 8 months my cycles have been extremely irregular. I've been to the doctor and she has ran a couple of tests and done an ultrasound. The only test she hasn't ran is to see if I am in early menopause, however, she doesn't seem to think this is the problem. All the tests seem fine.

This is causing me to be very concerned because I am only 27 and don't have any children yet. I am planning to have a family in the next couple of years. Though with cycles like this is appears that it may not even be possible. Does anyone know why this could be happening. Should I trust my doctor or get another opinion?

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just because you have irregular periods doesn't mean you won't be able to get pregnant. I wouldn't stress over that too much. I felt like I was the queen of irregular cycles and have two healthy kids.

Sometimes we're irregular for no reason at all. On average, based on the numbers you provided, your cycles are about 41 days. That's not too far off the stated average, granted it's on the high end, but still. An average cycle can be 24-36 days.

As long as you are still have a period, albeit, irregularly, I'd say you'd be okay. However, if you feel that you need to get a second opinion, you always need to do what feels right to you.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Junior Member Array

Thank you so much for responding. It makes me feel better to know that someone else has experienced a similar problem and you still have a family.

Hopefully they will regulate themselves soon. As you know it's never fun guessing when you're going to have your period.