Forum:

Thread: Ladies... they are NOT clots!

Senior Member Array

Arrow Ladies... they are NOT clots!

I am writing this because so many women come here freaking out about what they "think" are "blood clots" during their period. I just really have to clear this up once and for all. It is normal for women to pass thick clumps of tissue during menstrual cycles. These clumps are NOT blood clots and nothing to worry about. They are, in fact, clumps of the uterine lining tissue which is shed during the period. Your hormones determine how thick your uterine lining will be each month. The thicker the lining, the more clumps you will have and the bigger they will be. I can see that you might confuse these with blood clots, but trust me, they are not. I personally took this question up with a gynecologist. So, if you have these clumps during your period, don't worry about it. It's normal! Annnnnd.... some months you might have them and some you might not. The fluctuating is not an indication of a problem.
    Last edited by Little; 07-30-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Junior Member Array

Default re; "blood clots"

hi ladies its obnurse. prodigy is absolutely right on the money here, great research prodigy. the only thing i have to add is that if you wear pads instead of tampons, when you lie down for extended periods of time the blood WILL coagulate in your vaginal canal and when you get up or get up and go to the bathroom, there can be small clots of this coagulated blood come out but like she said everything is normal.

Junior Member Array

Hi, I am new here trying to find some advise on my 40 day long period!!! I am 41 and have always had 2-3 day periods every 28 days on the nose. I am getting SO weak from the loss of blood and "clots"... Do i need a dnc? I have just purchased some liquid iron...will this help? Got a business to run and feel like I am losing my mind!!! ~lucendzz