Forum:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: brown discharge before period

Junior Member Array

Default Brwon Discharge

Just wondering if anyone can help...I have been trying to concieve for about 6 months now. Usually, before I start I have some colored discharge (the day before I start). In this past month, I have had an HSG test and it was determined that everything was "free and clear". Today I noticed that I have a brownish-pinkish discharge in my underwear, but my period isn't supposed to start for 5 more days. In the past this has usually happend the day before. Could I be pregnant? I don't want to get my hopes up...also, if this is the start of my period, what would cause it to come 5 days early? Any help or advice would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Junior Member Array

Default Brownish red discharge

My period isnt due until the 23rd of this month.
    Since yesterday I have had this brownish red discharge I have never had before. I looked online and found an article that says it might be vaginal inflamation. I'm not sure whether it is and I should schedule a doctors appointment or just wait until I get my period and hope it just goes away.

Junior Member Array

Smile

Hi- was just looking on net to see if I could find any info about brownish bleeding/tinged discharge before period. It is comforting that I'm not alone in this problem. I've started having this sensation of impending period about 8-10 days out from my actual period (first day of red bleeding) and brownish spotting to varying degrees. Before I had my miscarriage in January (first pregnancy) I had been completely regular both before taking and after coming off the Pill. The miscarriage seems to have sent my hormones a bit haywire. A few months ago I would bleed for a couple of days, stop, bleed again, stop - didn't know what was going on! I've been having acupuncture and taking Chinese herbs to regulate this bleeding, and they seem to be helping as the cycle is regulating at about 29 days. I'm also taking my temperature each morning and that helps indicate when ovulation 'seems' to be happening (who knows...). People (my husband, mother) say not to worry so much and that should help. But how can I not be concerned as I know this isn't 'right'? But it seems to be more common than I thought so I should chill out a bit. My concern is that I don't know what it means in terms of my cycle seeing as I'm trying to get pregnant again, and it's been 8 months so far. Am going to the dr this week to see what the NHS can do for me. Fingers crossed!

Junior Member Array

Hi, since around the middle of october i have had a constant brown discharge and sometimes blood. my periods have been just as they always have been but now it feels like i am constantly on, i have cramps, back ache, all the usual symptoms but i'm just not on. i have to wear sanitary towels all the time otherwise my underwear just gets ruined, it's becomming a real hassle and is more than annoying, i know it is a similar problem to some of you guys so i was wondering if anyone could give me some answers on what is happening!

Junior Member Array

Default For Menstrual Cycle

Hi, girls. I'm 30. And I found one simple and good program for me. It has not a very beautiful interface but It has some pleaser functions.
    It's a Calendar of Menstrual Cycle.
    If you want you can see it at womanbeautyhealth.com
    But It's good only if you use PC or NoteBook.

Junior Member Array

Default brown discharge

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_121 View Post
    Hi, I yesterday and today i have found brown discharge. I am due on in about a week, but im not to sure whether its because of that or i mite be pregnant or something! please help asap
    Really? Today, when I went to the bathrroom, I noticed on my underwear that it had brown marks. I thought I had diarrhea or something. So i checked it, and there was a dark brown wet thing, it wasn't liquid completely or solid. It was in between. I wiped it with some toilet paper and tissues. I got some out, but I don't know if it's good for me to do this. I don't know if I'm pregnant, either...I'm only in high school.... it could be normal, at least I think, but I'm not sure...

Junior Member Array

Default pls help me! same situation!

Quote Originally Posted by indigo28 View Post
    Hi,

I'm in a very similar situation. Since I started menstruating, the heaviest day of my period was always the first and I never noticed any brown discharge. Last December, my period came late (maybe a week or so), and it started with a brown discharge for a couple of days, then very heavy bleeding for a day, then moderate to very light bleeding for 3 days or so. It's been that way every since...and I'm not pregnant. At my last GYN visit, I asked if it was normal for my period to change. My doctor quickly answered "yes", but never asked for any details, so it wasn't much of an answer. However, from what I've seen on the net, I think it's normal (even though I find it gross that blood is hanging around in my uterus for a month). I should also note that my nipples also changed at that time. The aereolas got larger and my nipples perkier. I guess my hormones changed somehow. We've also recently started ttc and I also wonder what the true start of my period is. I've been doing some searching on the net today and found little truly relevent info, but from what I've found, I think that the first day of the period is the day that you're bleeding. I'll be more pushy with my questions at my next GYN visit. I'm curious whether you've found out anything yourself since you last posted. Best of luck!
    hi,
    i'm curious about your post.. and i really need your help. your post was the only one that made me feel a little better. i'm having a similar problem.. i'm having this brown discharges(sorry for being so incoherent with this, i'm really scared about all of this). but a minute ago, i started having the light flow, which is kinda normal for me. (the heavy flow would come next after this, then the cramps) i was just very worried with the other posts that said it was due to implantation or something like that. i dunno what to think. i'm.. shaking! i know i just have to wait.. but i'm just so scared! is my period really coming? or is it another thing, THE other thing, the "p" word. T_T help!

Junior Member Array

Hello,
    I too have had this brown discharge that starts about a week before my period. I have had it for almost 3 yrs now. My husband and I have also been TTC for aboout 3 yrs. We have had one pregnancy that ended up being ectopic about a year and a half ago. All of the docs I have seen seem to completely ignore the discharge or at least do not seem worried about it,(but give no explanation) when I feel that it is the reason I am not getting pregnant. Has anyone else with this problem found any solutions? I eat healthy, exercise regularly, and don't smoke, so I don't think any of those could be issues. Oh and my tubes (tube now) are not blocked and I don't have endometriosis. Help!!!???

Junior Member Array

Unhappy borwnish discharge

hi. i am on the depo-vera birth control and a few months before the shot to now i started having brownish discharge like the night before my period. im worried that i might have an infection or a tumor or something. I have also had pain during sex that i read might be a yeast infection but i dont know. Im also concerned that i may be pregnant because on my third month of being on depo-vera i had my period for the first time since i had been on the shot and then had it again on the same month. i hope having two periods on the DV shot isent a sign of pregnacy. im going to the doctor in a few days and hopefully i can get these questions answered.

Junior Member Array

Wow.. I'm sorry to hear that no one has replied to any of you about your concerns.

The only issue I've ever had with brown discharge is right before my period when it's not full fledged yet. Since i'm so irregular, that's what let's me know I'm about to get it.

As for all the other concerns about it... I would go to see an Obgyn about it. Good Luck ladies!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast